Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SR22 Upgrade: WHELEN LED STROBES

I looked at them at Aero for years, yesterday I installed them: The Whelen Orions are 4 lb lighter than the original installation with 2 heavy power units in the wingtips, and the power consumption is so low you can always leave the Nav lights on too. They come with a five year warranty. Installation took about 2 hours and is pretty straightforward. It took the most time to get the wingtips off, had to drill out four of the screws.

Last Edited by at 25 May 08:12

Is the footprint of the Orion the same as the old strobe? They look shorter… but maybe it’s an illusion because they seem to take up the same space on the wingtip.

EGTT, The London FIR

No, it’s exactly the same, or at least I could not see a difference. No modification required!

What’s different is the strobe pattern. The original ones have 2 short flashes followed by a break.

Last Edited by at 25 May 15:06

Looks nice

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Thanks Alexis – that’s very useful to know. They are on my to-do list for this winter.

EGTT, The London FIR

@Finners
For what Airplane?

Hi Alexis,

do they fit with the G3 as well ?

Sebastian

Sebastian S.
EDAZ, Germany

Yes, all Cirrus types, SR20/22, G1, G2, G3. If you order them at Jim Barker (http://www.aviationvibes.com) they are a little more expensive but he will make the ready harness in the length you need for your model with the factory connectors. That makes installation very simple.

@Alexis A Piper Arrow.

EGTT, The London FIR

Should fit without any problems, AFAIK

31 Posts
Sign in to add your message