Welcome to our forums

Scrapping an aircraft / parting out.

10 Posts

Any help on how I go about this?

It's not rocket science!

What’s the goal of this?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Probably this.
I’m wondering if trying to find a buyer for the whole lot would not be wise. Instinctively it seems like the right thing to do…

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Ian,

now you are going to scrap the Traveller?

Did you try to put it on planecheck as a project for a minimal amount? Probably you’d get rid of it much faster than by parting it out and someone will at least enjoy this plane rather than throw it away. Planecheck is very cheap and also very easy to use.

Apart, if you want to sell it, you might mention it here. Maybe someone here would be interested to take it off your hands.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 31 Oct 13:44
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The goal is to get it off my hands.Screw ‘the right thing’, I’m beginning to realise that I’ve been far too nice about all of this.

I’m now mired in legal crap trying to get a few quid back and to walk away from the whole GA thing.

I’ll give planecheck a go thanks.

It's not rocket science!

Nimbusgb wrote:

I’ll give planecheck a go thanks.

Do that. If you need help, let me know.

Ok for the forumites here in case someone is interested:

http://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=38179

(ok’d by Peter I post this)

Personally I find it a total disgrace what has happened here and how Ian has been treated following this incident. This damage should have been a total non-event and the airplane flying a few weeks after.

I think it is a nice airplane which needs someone with good knowledge of the UK maintenance and repair market who can get this aircraft back in the air where it belongs. Hopefully there will be someone to pick it up and take it off Ian’s hands, so he can draw a line under this unfortunate experience.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 31 Oct 21:24

I agree, the whole story would be enough to make me wash my hands of GA if it had happened to me at the moment of my first purchase.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 01 Nov 08:09
Tököl LHTL

It appears that the plane has been sold or is in the process of being sold, as written on the planecheck ad. Hopefully the new owner can sort it out and it is back flying soon.

10 Posts
Sign in to add your message