Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rouen Airport (LFOP) on Sunday 3rd July 2022

Rouen would be a less usual place; I mean that in a good way, as in I would prefer go to Rouen rather than go again to Deauville for the n-th time.

Last Edited by lionel at 09 Jun 07:52
ELLX

I will ask Peter to help editing thread title Rouen Airport (LFOP) on Sunday 3rd for the fly-in (Boos Airport when you ask for taxi)

Rouen airport has everything for fly-in: friendly controllers, customs, instrument, fuel, night, hotels, hard tarmac with parking, grass runway (if someone is bringing tailwheel or tailskids, it’s based aircraft only but we landed two Tiger Moths from UK on it, clearing customs on grass is rare)

The airport restaurant is currently closed by there is “Le Vert Bocage” within walking distance to Boos nearby, Rouen city (taxi or bus) has more restaurants and tourist offering

If anyone needs customs & fuel let me know here or by PM (10pkg space available)

Telegram here: https://t.me/+GYGpi6xav2MyZmNk

lionel wrote:

go again to Deauville for the n-th time

I can’t count how many times I have been into Deauville (and LeTouquet) but it has a beach & sea although few parking organizational quirks the moment you are more than 2 GA aircraft with one CAT around

Last Edited by Ibra at 09 Jun 09:20
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thread moved from Flying to Trips and Airports

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just to add, PN is not required for Rouen LFOP on intra-Schengen flights

Bump, likely 5 aircraft around on Sunday, weather looks nice !

Anybody going overnight? I have just emailed the PN for Sat-Sun, but if I don’t hear by tonight I will re-do it for Sun only.

There is this to watch but the email address is in their notams.

Actually is anybody going at all, who isn’t in the telegram group?

Administrator

I am cancelling for Sunday as it does not seem to be much interest, let’s blame it on difficulties of flying in Europe or lack of GPS approaches

https://www.euroga.org/forums/flying/14036-flying-in-europe-for-the-first-time

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Jun 17:02

It is the usual thing these days. Enough people join the telegram group and when asked later who is coming, you get mostly silence Probably a combination of things, but I think a good % of Brits are scared of the French 24hr/48hr PN together with the dire fine / prison warnings but nobody likes to say it. Also CV19 wiped out most of the usual UK pilots who did a lot of meetups.

Most likely what would help would be a bulk email.

Administrator

Hopefully, we can organise another one when Avgas is back to 1.5£/L and PN is back to 2h !

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Jul 09:54

I’ve posted in the ad hoc group re LFAT tomorrow.
Point taken about fuel costs but I don’t really think that counts for much given a day trip will always be short anyway. For N France you will only (well almost only) ever get pilots from the southern UK and from nearby places on the mainland, and actually relatively few from France.

Administrator
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message