Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Regaining TMG Class Rating

Only in PPL.

Germany

When you have both a PPL-TMG and a SPL-TMG how do you log your hours? Only in the PPL pilot logbook, only in the SPL pilot logbook or in both?

Switzerland

Thank you @MattL. I was staring at the 3 hrs + 20 landings requirement for the LAPL(A) pilot [FCL.135.A(a)(1)] and got into my mind that there had to be similar specific requirements for PPL/SEP(L)‘s. You say there isn’t which is consistent with my failed attempts to find such requirements :-)

Last Edited by huv at 30 Jul 15:24
huv
EKRK, Denmark

Training as required and pass TMG class rating skills test – there are no minimum hours

I’m a TMG examiner and 3-5 hours is normal for people who have not flown TMGs before

Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

Part-FCL question: where exactly do I find the requirements for a PPL(A) pilot with SEP(L) rating to add a TMG rating to his PPL?
Yes, I usually do know my way around part-FCL, but right now I am dizzy from looking – obviously all the wrong places.

Edit: to clarify: my question is about obtaining the TMG rating (hours required etc.) – not regaining as is the thread title.

Last Edited by huv at 30 Jul 14:41
huv
EKRK, Denmark

Thanks – will do the checkride to get the TMG rating back.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I have been keeping my TMG class rating valid by having it signed off at the same time as my SEP revalidations. Once my SEP expired once by just one day, the cross-referencing did not work anymore and the TMG class rating could not be extended along with now SEP renewal instead of revalidation, so I had to do an hour of TMG training and the check ride to get it back on my license.

EDLE, Netherlands

Thanks for the offer, no extended UK stays planned for the time being :(

always learning
LO__, Austria

I come across a number of people who have lost TMG ratings as a result of both not being signed up during revalidation. There are a lot of urban myths and misconceptions with TMGs (most common is that it is differences training), not least because it is the only class that can be flown on two different categories of licence. Let me know if you need a TMG examiner and school in UK!

Now retired from forums best wishes

Thank you very much.
So I need a renewal of the TMG.
Once it is renewed, I can do the revalidation on either a TMG or SEP and both TMG SEP class ratings will be revalidated?

always learning
LO__, Austria
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message