Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Proviation

Are they legitimate? Getting worried about non delivery and non response....is it just me?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

There is a long thread on pprune about them. Apparently they are a very small shop, operating from someone's house/garage and have serious customer service issues.

Read all you want here

EIWT Weston, Ireland

This is not a comment on this company (which I know nothing about) but can we please not lower EuroGA to the level of the witch hunts which have become so notorious on 1 or 2 of the UK aviation chat sites.

I know it is not the intention of the posters above to do that, but it easily happens as others jump on.

I know for a fact that at least some of the witch hunts which made the most "famous" witch-hunt site so notorious had no foundation in fact, and if we go down that road we will end up with characters on here who are so numerous elsewhere, who make no contribution to serious aviation discussion (I would bet most of them don't even fly) and who often have some axe to grind.

If somebody owes you money, the best thing is to send them a registered-service letter stating that you give them 14 days to pay up (or issue a refund, or whatever) or you will apply for a CCJ.

A CCJ is a County Court Judgement, but if you just say "CCJ" it sounds like you do it all the time and don't think twice about doing one more.

This works 99% of the time.

Nowadays you can get CCJs issued online, which makes it quite easy to collect money.

If the amount owed is more than about £1000 then ever so casually phone up their office, ask for the Company Secretary, and when the telephonist asks why you want to speak to him, just ever so casually say you are applying to have their company wound up for non-payment. She is unlikely to put you through (because any company that doesn't run a straight business will have pretty inaccessible execs) but she will immediately tell everybody in the office, who will sh*t themselves at the prospect of losing their jobs, the rumour will spread through the company like a fire, and you will get a payment pretty quick.

Of course if a business goes bust then you (an unsecured creditor) prob99 lose it all and little can be done.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Posting specific examples e.g. "I bought X and it never arrived and the company took 6 months to refund the payment" is fine but I suspect it would be a rather sparse and boring thread

It is much more fun to just slag off X which is what one normally gets.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well I think enough has been said here to answer Anthony's question. He has a link to a very long thread with lots of opinions and information. He can find out all he wants to know there.

So I don't see any need for further discussion here. PPrune has a legal team to manage such issues...let's not force Peter and David to employ a legal team to manage what we say ;)

EIWT Weston, Ireland

So I don't see any need for further discussion here. PPrune has a legal team to manage such issues...let's not force Peter and David to employ a legal team to manage what we say ;)

Amen to that!

Posting specific examples e.g. "I bought X and it never arrived and the company took 6 months to refund the payment" is fine but I suspect it would be a rather sparse and boring thread

In that case... I ordered a TrackIR and some other miscellaneous items. The map took over a week and my nav revision suffered greatly (unable to revise sample questions with only a Scottish map). The TrackIR took months. The helpline was never answered, though the sales line was. I was repeatedly reassured that the TrackIR was on the way, when it wasn't. The whole experience left a bad taste and for one who normally keeps a sense of perspective on these things, I found it surprisingly upsetting.

Just my personal experience...

I can see why as a forum owner these threads are probably a legal nightmare. However I agree that they serve an useful function. For example the owner of Proviation has intimated that people have been writing false reviews about him. Stranger things have happened and I'm sure that some companies would stoop to such a level. One of the advantages of a forum over e.g. Trustpilot is that a forum is a community, and so if a number of long-term personalities have had a bad experience with something or someone I sit up and take note - astroturfing is much more difficult on a forum than on a site where most contributors are writing their first review.

I have finally lost patience with them, and after reading this thread, have sent them a registered letter, and today I have applied for a CCJ. Thanks Peter for pointing this procedure out.

EGTF, LFTF

Money taken and nothing received! Do not do business with Proviation

I placed an order for an item for next day delivery with proviation. The item never arrived. I emailed them to enquire as to the location of the item and was advised that it was not in stock, even though the website offered next day delivery. My order was placed on the 17th October. Proviation promised by email to refund the charge for next delivery and deliver the item the following week once it was in stock. I think they were wrong to take money for an item and charge me for next day delivery when they did not even have the item in stock. I could have gone elsewhere and received the item in time! After emailing and calling the office with no response I emailed the Proviation on the 28th October to ask where my goods were, as still none had been received. In my email I told them that I expected delivery immediately or they should refund me the full amount charged. I managed to chat online with someone called Alex who said that the money would be refunded. I advised them that it was unfortunate that they could not deliver as promised, as I intended to purchase 16 of the same unit (‘butt kicker) £150.49 and they could have had a good size order from me, but now after the lack of service that I had received I was forced to go elsewhere. Later that same day I received a call from Nick, he did not apologise, he was only interested in gaining the order for additional 16 units that I required. I told him to refund my money immediately. He confirmed that the money would be refunded. Following the call I sent an email on the 1st November to advise the orders department that both Nick and Alex had agreed to a refund. I received a reply the same day advising that my order had been cancelled and that a refund could take up to 7-10 days to show in my account. I knew that this was waffle as I have made and received refunds on debit cards previously and they do not take this long. However I decided to be patient and give Proviation the benefit of the doubt. Now it is November 12th and no monies have been received. They still do not answer the telephone. I have called them since and no answer. I even have Nick’s mobile number but he never answers his phone when I call. Avoid this company at all costs. They do not respect or appreciate their customers. They do not the first thing about customer service. They are keen to take your money, don’t’ be fooled by their website and hand them any of your hard earned cash!

Dublinpilot provided a link above, and it pretty much says it all, and the cycle of events continues (I also bought from them once so I empathise). The general advice besides avoiding them, is to contact PayPal if you used that method to get your money back, or your credit card company, and or Trading Standards.

15 Posts
Sign in to add your message