Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your help needed with promoting EuroGA

It’s too late to put the QR code in for the current batch… the shop did the 1000 leaflets last night.

But is there anybody who knows what to do with a QR code, but cannot remember e u r o g a . o r g ?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Maybe you can make the address a bit longer, so we have an application for our phones?

eurox5’’#r7%.ga.org

?

I was planning (still am) on getting some photo id cards produced with the EuroGA logo being the dominant feature, along the lines of the Aopa card. If EuroGA as a community took this on-board as a project, then we could no doubt get them at a very reasonable price. Worn around the neck on a lanyard, they would be seen everywhere EuroGA pilots go, and bring a greater awareness of GA.

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

I was planning (still am) on getting some photo id cards produced …

It’s not worth the effort to “get them produced” I think. You can buy blank credit card sized plastic cards in every better stationary shop which can be printed upon with laser and inkjet printers. Cheaper than the postage for getting them made centrally and sending them around. In my previous company I was acting as operations manager and made all our crew cards ID that way. Photo, name, logo and address. On the back some useful information like your VAT number, passport number, license number and other stuff that you have to fill into all those forms that you have to complete in some countries. Saves you the time to get out all those documents. Not even a layout software is required for that, MS Word is widely sufficient.

… they would be seen everywhere EuroGA pilots go, and bring a greater awareness of GA.

I don’t really know. Depends where you are, it might be better to keep the ball low (as we say) instead of telling everybody that you are one of those rich boys who ruin their Saturday evening barbecue by making a lot of unnecessary noise.

Last Edited by what_next at 23 Apr 09:43
EDDS - Stuttgart

You can buy blank credit card sized plastic cards in every better stationary shop which can be printed upon with laser and inkjet printers.

That is a good idea I hadn’t thought of.

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

We do ‘Crew Cards’ for our clients – but we do it externally, professionally (with signature strip etc.) on the back as well – not sure you’d get the same result with your printer at home?

For your ‘promotion’, perhaps a Twitter account?

Cheers, Sam.

I have 1000 of the leaflets printed, so I can pack them into little bundles of say 100 and bring these to Prague, and if anyone else emails me their address I will pop them in the post. They are quite good if left at say a flying club, etc.

About 1000 were distributed around Aero Friedrichshafen.

Administrator

I handed out a few packs to apparently willing people at Prague, for leaving at their aeroclubs.

I have about 5 packs left (about 50 each) so if anybody is willing to help in the same way, email me our address and I will pop them in the post.

Administrator

Have emailed you Peter.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

And I sent a message through the forum earlier today.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message