Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Please keep things polite

I’ve noticed a certain “abrasive” tone here and there, and deleted a couple of posts where this was completely pointless and which otherwise contained zero information or discussion.

Please keep EuroGA polite, and write just as you would speak to someone face to face. Stuff which gets “personal” is unattractive to most of the people who contribute. It also attracts the sort of posters who are looking for a good fight, are out there in very significant numbers, and have thus far avoided EuroGA because there isn’t much here to get their teeth into.

Thanks

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

On the topic…

Please, if posting something ironic, put a smiley after it.

Irony

is great for a laugh but does not “travel well” on the internet (is open to misunderstanding) especially across national/cultural divides. Some nations can be particularly blunt but EuroGA has a nice mix of people from all over the place.

Thanks again

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s good that we get educated not only in aviation matters here but in all important things

Before i forget: ;-)

(:-))

Flyer59 wrote:

It’s good that we get educated not only in aviation matters here but in all important things

Before i forget: ;-)

(:-))

Well done Flyer59, you get an " A " for today’s lesson

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Haha!
See, i am able to learn some things!

As an Australian, I am almost always being sarcastic. Can I have a smiley appear in my posts by default?

EGTK Oxford

Idiots from Australia need 2 smileys by default!

:-) :-) :-)

JasonC wrote:

As an Australian, I am almost always being sarcastic. Can I have a smiley appear in my posts by default?

Now, now, Jason, you clearly missed the point and you get a " F " for today’s lesson.

You NEVER put a " " when you’re NOT using irony !

Now go to the chalk board and write 100 times:

“Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers;
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked;
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?”

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

JasonC wrote:

Ask Peter & David to add “signature” feature to forum and then put smiley in your signature

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Now that is spooky, because I too noticed recently that some items were getting, shall we say, tense. I had not noticed it before on Euro GA. Now, on the other infamous forum, there are so many idiots posting that if one were in the mood, particularly after a couple of beers, it becomes good fodder.Like Peter, been banned a few times, and had a good number of posts deleted. We could have a good laugh and name and shame the idiots in question, but that would be unfair on idiots in general….

Yes, far better to be polite and sensitive

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow
17 Posts
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message