Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pireps On Dubrovnik LDDU (and claiming back VAT)

ch.ess wrote:

Taxi LDDU to the old town was 250/200 (in/out).

I guess local currency (kuna – HRK) which would be €33/27, on average exactly what I wrote above

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Not sure, how long it lasts, but
Taxi LDDU to the old town was 250/200 (in/out).
Both apartments and hotels were very reasonable in price.
So was the food at the special prices or with an outright discount.
Glad I was there ;-)

EDM_, Germany

On the other side, taxi from the airport to the city used to be €100 and now is €30 (Bolt and Uber). Everything else is more expensive :(

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Worth contributing reports to the EuroGA airport database

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ohrid Pirep

and an attractive price even in 2019 ;-)

Last Edited by ch.ess at 03 Jul 10:25
EDM_, Germany

Thanks. I have heard conflicting info on whether Ohrid has started selling Avgas. But the AIP still shoes only Jet-A…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@chflyer
Currently, that’s the path you take.
IN: Plane → main terminal
OUT: Main terminal → GA shed → plane

@boscomantico
North Macedonia has not been a problem for aAvgas at all. Actually, both Skopje and Ohrid are excellent points to top up (just to be safe: have been in 2019).
And I have to admit, I found Dobrovnik interesting and pleasant in the current “not so busy” state for a short trip. Incl. its hstory.

EDM_, Germany

boscomantico wrote:

b) leaving and entering the airport.

Does that now require doing so airside? When I was there in 2014, we were able to walk from the terminal to the GA building and entered airside there. There was no need for transport between the GA building and the main terminal.

LSZK, Switzerland

One needs to go to the terminal for
a) customs/passport check
b) leaving and entering the airport.

Ironically, Dubrovnik is a case where doubling the fees might actally increase their yields from small GA, since I don’t think small GA traffic volumes will fall by more then 50% (at least not in the short term). It is just too popular as an end-point for Adriatic trips by private pilots (although personally I don’t know why… Dubrovnik city way too touristy, but girls tend to like it). And also, because it is vital as a last “no worries” Avgas fueling stop for those continuing on to Montenegro, Albania, North Macedonia and Greece, etc.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Jul 09:30
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Not good? Pretty bad I would say. It would put another (essential) airport on the other side of reasonable, for small GA.

But to a point, I understand them. Pre-Corona, during the season, they used to be super-busy with airline traffic. Small GA takes up capacity, and they probably wanted to reducce this. In addition, piston pilots often make havoc, continuously pester the ground handling staff to get the Avgas truck to come, when they are completely busy with jetfuelling.

Interesting to see such extremes in Croatia. Losinj and Brac have organized themselves to make money with GA and are patronized accordingly. Dubrovnik hasn’t figured it out yet. No need to have GA bother ground handling for Avgas. Just install a self-serve Avgas pump. The building with GA services (and GA parking) in Dubrovnik is a long way from the main terminal, and there is no real need for the airline servicing crews to get involved.

Last Edited by chflyer at 03 Jul 09:14
LSZK, Switzerland
54 Posts
Sign in to add your message