Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pireps On Dubrovnik LDDU (and claiming back VAT)

I was there 3 years ago, and paid nowhere near 140 Euros. I do remember they collected us from the GA parking by bus, but I don’t think we had to pay “mandatory handling”. Maybe since they have joined the EU, they have looked at how it’s done at other airports.

Did you write to the airport’s email address, or to some handling company?

I think I’ve said it a dozen times. “Handling” is not a normed term. For many airports, merely apron transport = handling. It doesn’t mean you need to make arrangements with a (separate) handling agent.

The question: “is handling mandatory?” is useless, usually.

What drives fees up is no. of pax and parking period.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The question: “is handling mandatory?” is useless, usually.

I don’t understand that statement. It isn’t true in most countries I have flown to.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

What drives fees up is no. of pax and parking period.

I have 3 passengers and parking is for 2 part 24 hr periods and 2 full 24hr period making for 4 days charges.

Its a good thing I checked ahead of time. I wonder what they my friends are going to say when I hit them up for an additional 25 Euros apiece? That includes me in the mix as well.

Dave_Phillips wrote:

Dave_Phillips 09-Jun-16 08:48 #02
I took a DA42 in there on 31 March – 1 April with one other crew member. Overnight parking, landing fees, taxes etc came to a total of €46.75.

So he had no passengers and 1 overnight actually 2 days parking.

chwinter wrote:

chwinter 09-Jun-16 17:52 #08
I was there one week ago for 14 days:

Landing, handling and parking for 14 days: 160€

Ina asked if it could be the high season price?

KHTO, LHTL

Dave_Phillips wrote:

e-mail: [email protected]

The Manager speaks reasonable English

That is the email address I used.

I looked at Emirs post and came up with looking at airport charges

Landing 18.80
Parking 4 days 6.60/day =26.4
Passenger service 11 e/pass =33
Pass depart fee 5/pass=15
Service charge 17 Euros

Total 110.2 Euros. Did I miss a charge? Zika clearance charge?

KHTO, LHTL

I don’t understand that statement.

What does the information “yes” or “no” tell you? Nothing, because, as I said, airports have totally different understandings of what “handling” constitutes.

As I said, some airports equate “handling” with “ramp transport”.

But not all.

Some would reply “yes” to the question (and put handling on the invoice!) even if there is no ramp transport available at all.

Some would reply “no” DESPITE ramp transport being available and mandatory.

Some other airports, being asked that question, will understand it as a question whehter prior agreements with a third party handling agent are necessary.

The list goes on.

What does “handling” , in other words “being handled” mean, in the context of an aircraft using an airport? Some would suggest that a person sitting behind a desk and taking your landing “handles” your flight.

It’s not normed term and every airport has its own interpretation of it.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Jun 15:38
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Got the point so there is a lot of confusion in the term handling that is why I want to break it down into the lowest common denominator; what do you charge and for what?

This is the very reason I ask all those stupid questions because somebody somewhere has a gottcha.

Kind of like getting roped into a titty bar here in Budapest. An attractive women talks you into having a drink with her in a pub only to find out that once she takes the sip it just cost you a 1000 Euros. As a disclaimer this did not happen to me but to two friends. Another example less sexual, after all who here thinks a C150 is sexy? Well a C150 landed in Debrecen in Hungary they were charged 400 Euros between all the fees and they would not let them go until they paid.

Now I really cant see the difference between being ripped off because your nuts are on fire and because your plane couldnt get to your destination airport because of weather, can you? In both cases the individuals were ripped off.

KHTO, LHTL

I think your titty bar example is very close to GA handling.

The value delivered is totally variable.

Well, unless you land at Gatwick and for the £500 (Harrods or Signature Handling) you get fantastic coffee and croissants and that’s really worth the money

In the bizjet (and above) sphere the process is more standard e.g. you pay €X for servicing the external lavatory, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Im happy someone on this site is cultured enough to appreciate the example.

KHTO, LHTL

The closest alternate is Tivat LYTV in Montenegro – some 20 NM from LDDU. In worst case scenario you can land there, rent a car and drive to Dubrovnik.

Regardding the fees, send them calculation you made based on price list and ask for explanation.

Last Edited by Emir at 16 Jun 22:12
LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message