Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Annex 2 (now Annex 1) aircraft in France with foreign registration (France cancels treaties on non-F-reg homebuilt privileges)

Maybe your right Peter, but this was the reality of the following “Arretés” for France only
As far as I know ECAC is most of the time out of date. Each country has own specificity
L’arrêté du 8 janvier 1986 relatif au survol du territoire français par des aéronefs de construction amateur immatriculés en Finlande
L’arrêté du 25 février 1986 relatif au survol du territoire français par des aéronefs de construction amateur immatriculés aux Pays-Bas
L’arrêté du 1er juillet 1986 relatif au survol du territoire français par des aéronefs de construction amateur immatriculés en République fédérale d’Allemagne.
L’arrêté du 10 août 1998 relatif au survol du territoire français par des aéronefs de construction amateur immatriculés en Belgique
L’arrêté du 22 mai 2001 relatif au survol du territoire français par des aéronefs de construction amateur immatriculés au Royaume-Uni
L’arrêté du 24 février 2013 relatif au survol du territoire français par des aéronefs de construction amateur immatriculés en Irlande
L’arrêté du 22 septembre 2014 relatif au survol du territoire français par des aéronefs de construction amateur immatriculés en Suisse
L’arrêté du 25 octobre 2016 relatif au survol du territoire français par des aéronefs de construction amateur immatriculés en Autriche

For example the one for NL http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jopdf/common/jo_pdf.jsp?numJO=0&dateJO=19860314&numTexte=&pageDebut=03990&pageFin=
Sorry it’s all in French, and my translation is terrible, but basically, it was specified for homebuilts as far as NL issued valid CoA, then you can fly in France without any prior notice. By consequence, no limitation of landing, staying, overflying, etc.
Now, the new rules are changing for sure in France at least …! And we need to negotiate with DGAC to find a decent solution for everyone.

I don’t want to stay in France for more than 28 days and being “illegal” and living as “wanted” pilot with PH reg by the local police !!!
BUT I won’t stop flying Glasair !!!

As soon as get some news, I will keep you posted.

LFGI

Astonishing. These are really old treaties…

Yes; the ECAC recommendations were mostly not implemented (or not fully) which did not stop one particular guy… until several people (not just me) pointed this out to him and then he chucked his toys out of the pram and left I guess there was a certain amount of straw clutching going on, which is not a good idea if spending 5 or 6 figures on an aircraft.

But despite knowing many French pilots, including homebuilt flyers, I have never come across anybody who knew about these treaties, and neither did the people who spent ages compiling the various country-summary documents linked in the other threads. For France there was believed to be mostly a 6 month limit, although the law referenced was not able to be located by one French pilot I asked.

I don’t think the 28 day limitation is worded (anywhere) in a clear manner, leading to the question of whether a flight abroad once a month is sufficient.

The “from other countries” (e.g. N-reg) part is also interesting because it would have enabled N-reg US homebuilts to be based in France. I guess the issue is that the CofA validation required co-operation from the kit vendor which in e.g. the Lancair case was not forthcoming.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Getting 6 month limit would be fair, that’s reason why we will start negotiation at 12 months !!! Because the new regulation is talking about 28 days without prior notice. So in my positive thinking, means we can obtain more with prior notice
For N-reg homebuilts, I think you can import them in PH…and then flying almost everywhere in VFR. IFR is another story…

LFGI

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?appid=11&mode=detail&id=8136

Good for visitors; bad for home based foreign planes..

Slovakia

I think that one is in the link in post #4.

Administrator

Sorry Peter, I missed it..

Slovakia

The title of this thread may be misleading.

Do the regulations apply to Annex 2 OR to Amateur built aircraft?

They are not the same thing. For example my factory built Super Cub is Annex 2 but it is not home built, and does not fall under the LAA Permit regime. I have to have a National ARC which is the same work as an EASA ARC

Last Edited by Neil at 14 Feb 10:34
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

No problem supik. This stuff is bloody confusing.

I think all affected aircraft are non EASA types ie ones without an EASA CofA. This is IMHO because this hit on GA is EASA forced, so the national CAAs are screwing all the others.

Now… there are a few which do have an FAA CofA but no EASA CofA, which is an interesting angle.

Administrator

Almost a list of 20 homebuilt annex 2 based in France collected.
Sent official letter to DGAC. Now waiting for an answer or appointment.
Meantime flew to Switzerland to top up my annex2 28 days oyster card for France !!!

LFGI
Sign in to add your message