Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Europa aircraft advertisement video (from around 2000)

Found this one – interesting watch for homebuilders and Europa-fans of course

Last Edited by europaxs at 18 Nov 21:31
EDLE

Interesting video… it’s very positive as expected from an advertisement. Thanks for posting.

Do you know if the trigear is slower than the monowheel? I guess it must be slightly less aerodynamically efficient
Are all the versions cleared for aerobatics?

Fairoaks/EGTF

This pilot has taken his round the world, and across the pond several times.

http://www.n81eu.eu/main.htm

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Christophe wrote:

Do you know if the trigear is slower than the monowheel? I guess it must be slightly less aerodynamically efficient
Are all the versions cleared for aerobatics?

The Mono is about 5-8 kt faster than the Trigear (and a tad lighter) but MUCH more difficult in ground handling. AFAIK the Europa is cleared for light aerobatics in the US, but don’t know about other countries.

EDLE

europaxs wrote:

but MUCH more difficult in ground handling

Ah, Roland, you boys with the training wheels

If you keep the stick well back on take off and landing and make sure the singleton mod is installed, the mono is quite good on the ground. It’s very aerodynamic in the air as well. 115knots from an 80hp Rotax, and quite slippery. You don’t have the extra drag from the gear, so you need to plan a deceleration if you fly the circuit at cruise speed. A mono won’t slow down quickly with a throttle pull. I do want to put the 914 in mine one day and see how fast it goes…

EDHS, Germany

italianjon wrote:

I do want to put the 914 in mine one day and see how fast it goes…

Europa says > 170KTAS @ 10.000ft. I think around 160KTAS is realistic in fast cruise. It should be even faster at higher altitude >10.000ft, because the Rotax 914 maintains MCP up to 16.000ft.

N28ET Monowheel Classic, note “only” 5180RPM

Last Edited by europaxs at 20 Nov 08:33
EDLE

europaxs wrote:

around 160KTAS is realistic in fast cruise.

For the price of a 2nd hand Europa, that becomes a very nice and quick machine.

EDHS, Germany

I bought a used 914 (600 hrs) for around 12000 EUR and got 3600 EUR for the destroyed (overboosted) one. There’s a good chance to get a 914 for less than the Price of a second hand Europa

Just simply wait, until I install the new Rotax 915 and you can have mine

Last Edited by europaxs at 20 Nov 12:25
EDLE

lol, I wrote my comment wrong. I meant for the 2nd hand prices of a Europa, it’s a very good machine. Too much to do at work today, meant very quick browsing of the forum.

But if we can agree a price, then I will have yours, when you change it.

A 160 kt machine… very nice. I will have to do the MTOW increase mod to take the extra speed

EDHS, Germany
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message