Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Italian Permit to Fly Aircraft

Now that I am living in Italy I am looking for a nice old aircraft to buy for local and short distance VFR.

I have found something that takes my fancy – classic aircraft, high wing, bit of romance about her. She is Italian registered, but apparently operated on the Italian Permit to Fly system – ie not a full Italian registered aircraft. I am told this is something like the UK LAA permit system.

Does anyone here have any experience with this system. What advantages or disadvantages this system offers. How I would get maintenance done? Can I fly it to other EASA countries? Will I have trouble selling it in the course of time? Is thewre someone in Italy I would talk to and who could advise me?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

PM sent

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

@AfricanEagle it would be of much interest to many people if you could post it here

We have met before – Elba 2014 and 2018.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter,

It would not be correct to publish someone’s email on the forum.

I sent Buckerfan the contact of a person of the Club Aviazione Popolare, the Italian equivalent of the UK LAA, since I personally do not know the details of the Italian Permit to Fly system since I fly a full Italian registered aircraft.

I sure Buckerfan will post details of his progress.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Sure; I thought you were going to post general advice about management of a Permit aircraft in Italy

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message