Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Taylor Titch

Here we just prefer wood and fabric.
Jodel, Robin, Wassmer, Murdry, Piel, Fournier, Jurca, Nicollier’s Menestral to name but a few.All aircraft which one can fall in love with, and none of them have a problem with corrosion.
And that’s before we get to some of the imported brands.

France

Jake, good to see you on here. I’m the Sheldon referred to in the post, for anyone wondering.

The Titch is in great condition, and it’s been built with certified components everywhere. All the fuel lines are fireproof hoses or hard lines, Cleveland brakes (not the bicycle brakes on some homebuilts), it all feels quite beefy. Super smooth pushrod controls too.

A bit beyond my flying ability though for sure.

A video clip of G-TICH departing Duxford this weekend

Last Edited by IO390 at 10 Oct 17:47
United Kingdom

It’s basically an O-200 with an aeroplane bolted to the back of it:

United Kingdom

Hi all, thank you for all of your replies! I’ll try figure out how to upload some detailed pictures of my Titch.
Also, apologies I should have explained who Sheldon is! Sheldon is Peter’s son (N113AC’s Peter!).
Owning a permit to fly aircraft is the only realistic way that I can regularly be able to afford to fly and the Titch is a rather good bit of fun!
My Titch is also a bit different than the other Titches built as the fuselage was made 2” wider and has the much taller Grove gear which means I have masses of prop clearance!

Farm strip near Sudbury, Suffolk , United Kingdom

well, sure love that higher gear (or UC as the islanders like to call it ), gives it a nice “aggressive” stance and maybe a slightly lower touchdown speed. Yours also sports a very appealing scalloped paint scheme, sure is a nice little critter.

Another attribute is being a single seater. Many of us tend to fly solo on multiple seat aircraft. I have access to a LSA Panther, and flying it is kinda “different”. I guess single seaters really give one the feeling of being part of the machine.

Jake, you take care of that little gem and enjoy yourself!

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I’m almost finished with my Onex. 430 kg gross weight with a UL 350i of 120 hp for some aerobatic fun I wonder which is fastest. The Titch certainly looks fast.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Hopefully the pictures will upload :-)

Last Edited by jgazzard95 at 12 Oct 18:05

“Initial spinning and aerobatics prohibited.”
Should it be “Intentional”????

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I agree, they are boring sods with all this “no aerobatics & spinning” 😂 the Titch was designed fully aerobatic too.

no no, surely meant to read “International spinning…”

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message