Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PH-reg experimental

Hi to everybody. I’m trying to gather information about the possibility of register an experimental in the process of being built as a PH but I hardly find something on the net.
What are the pros and cons?
What’s the process? Costs?
Any other useful info?
Thanks in advance.

Portugal

Welcome to EuroGA, Predator

I suggest reading through this and this and this.

Europe is gradually tightening up the rules on homebuilts registered in a different country, if they are to remain for a while.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi, thank you for your welcoming! I red the links and found a couple of members whose airplane is PH registered. I sent a PM and they were very kind answering very fast. The bad news is that right now it’s already not more possible to reg a foreigner airplane as a PH. Too late.
Thank you!

Portugal

That is dynamite for the homebuilt community… and explains why people have been moving away from PH – example even where it seemed like nobody in the authorities was going to implement existing regs.

If the State of Registry is dropping support for new applicants then it is only a matter of time before they withdraw certificates from existing aircraft.

Does the Netherlands CAA know where the owner lives? I thought NL required a NL address, which was done with a mailbox service.

Administrator

What exactly are you hoping to build @Predator and where will it be based?

@Peter, yes, the Dutch CAA does know where the owner lives

Btw, there was effectively no choice in moving from Dutch reg to French reg (F-P) – it was pretty much do it, or die Given the choice, I’d rather have stayed on the Dutch reg, much easier all round. But it’s done now, which is a good thing.

Last Edited by Jojo at 25 Oct 14:22
Bordeaux

it was pretty much do it, or die

What happened in France? That reg had been around for maybe a couple of years.

Administrator

Predator wrote:

The bad news is that right now it’s already not more possible to reg a foreigner airplane as a PH

Why do you want to do that anyway? What’s wrong with Portuguese registration?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

What’s wrong with Portuguese registration?

See above

Administrator

That doesn’t answer the question.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Administrator
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message