Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Need to fly to Budapest Any suggesting for Airfields to use ?

Hello

need to fl to Budapest VFR and coming from Germany Need to stay 4 days
Any suggestions also for fees?

Thanks

fly2000

Fly to LHBS Budaörs, it is most frequented GA airport around Budapest and much cheaper than the main international Ferenc Liszt LHBP. It is almost 1000m grass with a plenty of space for parking. You can expect to pay something like 10EUR per day fees compared to around 250EUR for Ferenc Liszt. Budaörs used to be Budapest main airport till 1950 when Ferihegy (now Ferenc Liszt) took over as main budapest airport. There is a very nice historical terminl building at Budaörs, which is, unfortunately, deteriorating and in a need of reconstruction. For VFR flight to Budapest, Budaörs is the most reasonable option in my opinion.

LKHK, Czech Republic

The terminal reminds me of Helsinki Malmi

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I keep my plane at LHTL. Its about 14 Euros to land and parking in a hangar is available at a very reasonable price. You can also leave it outside for less. It is a private airport so its not on the Nav Charts Just put the GPS Coordinates in and it will take you there. There is a nice long concrete runway. You can take public transport after a short cab ride to the train station HEV which runs every 1/2 hour or so. In about 1hr you will be in Budapest next to the #2 Vilamos which travels on the pest side of the Danube through the city.

The only problem I have with Budaors is the roughness of the field. Otherwise its even more convenient than Tokol because your closer to the city. The buildings are an indication how the runway looks and feels.

KHTO, LHTL

You can also take a cab last time I did that it cost about 9000 Ft or $40 I think 35 Euros That takes 40 mins without traffic.

KHTO, LHTL

@Peter_Mundy, I second that! Albeit in a much worse condition. It would be interesting to compare the early history of both airports – who knows, maybe they were even designed by the same person?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

There is a certain likeness of style with the terminal at EBAW Antwerpen too, that one was built in the 1930’s.
Sad to see such a nice building so dilapidating, though.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

@Pytlak : what was your experience with the rwy? I was there circa 2008 in a C172 and the rough surface scared the hell out of me. I was quite sure this would end in a propstrike, although by pure luck (?) it didn’t.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

I have seen runways much worse than the one you find at Budaörs. I can confirm that it is far from perfect but I would happily fly there again with my TB20, which is retractable with rather low prop ground clearance. Taxiing was quite good on the other side, much better than Prague Letnany, LKLT where the runway is good as it was renewed recently but the taxiways are nightmare. Flying to Budaörs with C172 or similar is a no brainer, it is absolutely adequate. My last visit there was October 2013.

LKHK, Czech Republic

Hello,

thanks for this I agree the building at LHBS looks stunning^!!! but i might choose LHTL because of the runway
I have to go to the Hungaroring so anyway i will need a rental car so I will see what I can organize

Great help as always here thanks

what about the godollo Airport?

Last Edited by Peter_Paul at 21 Jun 12:41
fly2000
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message