Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

MEP Hire

Does anyone have any good recommendations for MEP self fly hire in UK or Europe please? I am after approx 10hours in the coming 6 months or so, previously flown Seminole/DA42/Tecnam/Duchess. Many thanks.

Now retired from forums best wishes

There’s a couple of outfits in Malta, one with a Tecnam and one with a Seneca. European Pilot Academy have the Seneca and Malta School Of Flying have the Tecnam.

Neither of them advertise self fly hire on their websites, but I know for a fact that EPA do (they did in March, at least). Send them an email. Prices are good down in Malta (no landing fees, same goes for several airports in Sicily when flying the school aircraft). Although Malta is an hour flight from any sizeable land it should be easy to get your 10 hours in a matter of days. Good weather and some longer legs in uncongested airspace and of course beautiful stuff to look at out the window!

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

NinerEchoPapa wrote:

Prices are good down in Malta

If only that were the case for visiting aircraft! Last thread about it here, the fees for a long weekend in Malta would actually just about exceed my fuel cost :-(

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

If only that were the case for visiting aircraft! Last thread about it here, the fees for a long weekend in Malta would actually just about exceed my fuel cost :-(

Yes I read that thread and was shocked at the cost! Not a single cent was paid on landing fees when I did my training there.

Last Edited by NinerEchoPapa at 10 Oct 15:56
EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Does anyone have any good recommendations for MEP self fly hire in UK or Europe please?

I am renting a DA42NG at LFPN. If that is of interest to you, send me a PM I’ll put you in touch with the owner.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 10 Oct 18:58
LFPT, LFPN

CPH taxi in EKRK have a Tecnam.

ESMK, Sweden

THanks all!

Now retired from forums best wishes

DA42 at Sue Air, North Weald

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Blackbushe flying club have a Beechcraft Duchess at reasonable rates.

I have found that if you want a block of time but no longer term need or desire to join as a longer term member you may not need to join the club in that case, talk to Dan who runs it to see if things can still work that way. Of course you may wish to join for other reasons..

http://www.eglk.co.uk/

liftvectorup wrote:

Blackbushe flying club have a Beechcraft Duchess at reasonable rates.

That plane seems to be for sale: http://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=37939

Friedrichshafen EDNY
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message