Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mauritania and Senegal.

Hi,

I’m going to Senegal next week. I sent the overflight permit for Mauritania and Senegal but no answer…
Does anyone have contact (phone or mail) of people in charge in these country ?

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I have no direct personal experience of this @Romain but as far as I can tell everybody who has ever flown “deep” into Africa has used one of the overflight agents to book the whole lot. I have details of several here

A ferry pilot friend recommends Overflight and Air Freelance and has used both for Africa.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yesterday someone I know from the airport (who as aircraft and people flying in Africa) told me to use Overflight.
I didn’t call them yet but saw that the fees on the website.
I will post if i used them.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I just came across this thread.

In 2014 a group of us were planning to make a sortie to Dakar in early 2015, these plans foundered due to the Ebola outbreak.

If anyone here plans such a trip in the future, I’d be interested in reviving these plans. I would have used White Rose for overflight permits, he has worked well for me in the past.

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

I have been fllying into Mauritania. Actually I flew direct into Atar, which is normally not a port of entry. The overflight/landing permission is quite expensive. I do have a contact on the ground in Atar that can help getting it for free or a very low price if it is not a commercial flight and you stay the night with him. Send me a pm if you are interested. The blogpost about flying to Mauritania is here: http://acrossafricachallenge.com/back-in-africa/

EDLE, Netherlands

Is Mauritania safe?

A personal decision, of course.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is Mauritania safe?

[[ smallest possible character set ]]
some might say it is safer than Belgium

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Just my personal experience and opinion. I would have no problem sending our youngest blond daughter of 20 to Mauritania to work there e.g. as a volunteer for some time. It is safe in my opinion, from what I experienced and from what was told to me by foreigners living there. They suggested that what you read on the websites of the department of foreign affairs of some countries is not always that accurate. They had a safety issue far and away near the border of Mali some time ago, but there is no hang toward ISIS or anything like that in this country. There is also the issue that the French are taking out a lot of iron ore from Mauritania and prefer not to have “tourists” looking over their shoulders.

EDLE, Netherlands

I’m doing 2 trip per year to Sénégal (departing from Morrocco).
It’s more and more dificult to get the overflight and landing permit for Mauritania and Sénégal.

I avoid landing in Mauritania now. I get report from friend that landing fee are more and more expensive and you have to pay cash police to don’t get so bother…

We stop for fuel in Western Sahara (Dakhla) two month ago they had AVGAS. And continue to Saint Louis or Dakar.

If anyone has answer I be pleased to help.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

As said Romain: there is a way to fly from Marocco to Senegal via Atar and not pay anything or not too much for the landing fees and handling. However, if you need AVGAS (which can be arranged), this has to come from the aeroclub at Nouakchott and comes in barrels. Here are some pictures of me flying through Mauritania, landing at Atar and getting the AVGAS there: https://www.flickr.com/photos/terwelle/albums/72157650589141428

EDLE, Netherlands
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message