Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mali Losinj LDLO 2-6 Sep

Justine and I plan to be there around then. So if anybody would like to meet up...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Maybe I'll be able to pop-up for lunch, depending on work schedule.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter: Saskia and I will be in Split, Croatia from 2-5 of September. Not far from there.

EDLE, Netherlands

Departing hopefully tomorrow, EOBT 0800 UTC.

-EGKA0800
-N0140F140 WIZAD M140 DVR/N0150F110 L10 RINTI B3 CMB/N0150F140 B3 RLP G4 HOC L613 RIPUS N850 ODINA M727 SRN L615 ADOSA L612 CHI L614 PUL PUL2C
-LDLO0500 LDPL LDZD

Tracking here

Administrator

I'll text you when I'm back from Danmark - Friday evening or Saturday morning.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We had a great meet-up with three Scottish pilots who came in a TB20.

However the weather is not looking at all good for getting back.

Our plan is currently to make a go for it on Sunday, or maybe fly down to Split and leave the plane there and get Easyjet back to Gatwick which is very convenient for us. The other airports e.g. Pula or Zadar have Ryanair which goes to Stansted which is a huge hassle for us.

Looking at the Sunday chart, flying north to Dortmund is another possibility, again with the Easyjet option to leave the plane there, and the tickets are also very cheap.

This doesn't happen often. I have done it just once before, in 2009, leaving the plane in Split for a few days. Parking there is €24/day after 3 days.

Administrator

Last time in LDLO had you had to leave less than 24h after you arrived because of weather that didn't come Maybe have a chat with JasonC about airplanes?

Dortmund is good, ca. 30 € for an IFR arrival.

The wx did come allright - just not at Losinj. It was an enroute issue.

We might also fly on to Pula on Sunday and stay there a few days. There is more to see there.

I also suspect the wx might clear after Tuesday, for a bit...

We won't be doing Split, because the return flight is easy only if there is almost no wind.

I don't need another plane

I've sorted out a new Croatian data SIM card for the stay, only to find that T-Mobile now block VPNs... Maybe not an SSL one (obviously hard to do). Vodafone UK doesn't, fortunately. These stupid telcos must have whole committees continually deciding on who to screw and exactly how.

Administrator

I do understand Peter's concern... When flying with your partner you want the flight to be enjoyable and in fine weather conditions.

Turbulence, IMC, icing conditions, a weather diversion will do no good to the passenger confidence...

Peter, am interested in what aspect of the current weather most concerns you? (Not questioning just always interested in how others analyse situations) I recall you don't like enroute IMC - is that due to the risk of embedded CBs or more passenger enjoyment/comfort.

EGTK Oxford
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message