Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Maintenance manual for Jodel D140 “Mousquetaire”

I have a favour to ask of our French forum members:

Do you have or could you help me find an original French language service/maintenance manual for the Jodel D140?

I do have an “official” manual, in English translation produced by the UK importer, Rollason Aircraft. However, the quality of translation leaves much to be desired; for instance some places where the translator has obviously confused “dessus” with “dessous”…

Needless to say, such basic and possibly serious errors have been ignored by CAA and LAA “engineers” for more than half a century.

In case the search involves posting on a French forum, here’s my question in French:

J’ai une autre question :
Est-ce tu pourrais obtenir un manuel d’entretien pour le D140 ?
J’en ai un, mais en Anglais, traduction très moche par l’ancien importateur Rollason Aircraft du document l’original produit par la SAN. J’y trouve, par exemple, des passages ou le traducteur a confondu « dessus » et « dessous ».
Ça ne donne pas confiance.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

I will ask around. Most of the D140’s that turn up here are homebuilt. Are you happy with a copy of the maintenance manual they lodged with OSAC or are you looking for one that would have come with a factory built version?

France

Thanks Gallois,

Ideally the original SAN version, but a homebuilt/OSAC version would be helpful too.

No problem I’ll also ask some of the RSA guys rebuilding the Mosquito as they have all sorts knowledge on where to get stuff.

France

Thanks, that will be very helpful. I’m also happy for anyone owning and operating a Mouss to get in touch by pm or email (the address is on my airfield website). They can write in pretty well any west or north European language – though I would struggle a lot with Finnish.

Last Edited by Jacko at 15 Jun 19:27

Try the Jodel Forum. You’d have to join. One of these should lead to joining instructions.
Or I could. enquire for you if you wish. Responses are usually fast.
[email protected]
[email protected]

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Thanks, email sent. :)

Maoraigh wrote:

One of these should lead to joining instructions.

Overhead?

:-)

EGLM & EGTN
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message