Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Panel mounted USB chargers (merged)

This has come out.

It is cheaper than the other one which has been around a while.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Really good to see the new FAA NORSEE “Non-Required Safety Enhancing Equipment” standard at work !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

At last a power source for my EFB.

I want to get the TA102 dual usb charging port installed. It has a EASA ETSO C71 certification. I guess I need the Minor Change documentation for it as well? This does not seem to exist, at least online, is the CS-STAN an option for this? Thanks. (Aircraft is a C206)

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Currently you need a minor change for USB chargers. EASA is currently working on an update of CS-STAN in which USB chargers are included. So wait for a bit longer before installing any USB charger if you want to save some money.

Last Edited by Jesse at 04 Mar 07:14
JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Alternatively, I have six of these in my aircraft, and they are superb.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Sorry, that may be the 12v one. This is 24v

EGKB Biggin Hill

On an N-reg this is a Minor Alteration so just a logbook entry in this case. Details here

I have merged several similar threads concerning panel mounted USB charger ports.

One needs to be careful with cigar lighter consumer items because some generate loads of interference. It may not be obvious immediately; usually (IME) only specific frequencies get wiped out. They get wiped out quite impressively, too. And it likely won’t be a ground frequency in close proximity because there you get a strong signal.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jesse wrote:

Currently you need a minor change for USB chargers. EASA is currently working on an update of CS-STAN in which USB chargers are included. So wait for a bit longer before installing any USB charger if you want to save some money.

Thanks, guess you don’t have an idea when the new CS-STAN might come into effect?

I don’t like the cigarette lighter adapters in my car, so I probably won’t put one in the airplane.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

NorFlyer wrote:

Thanks, guess you don’t have an idea when the new CS-STAN might come into effect?

The decission making should be at 1Q/2017 and the NPA should have been 3Q/2016. NPA was published 4Q/2016, so I would guess somewhere between now and June 2017.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ
Sign in to add your message