Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Slide in TKM 8.33 Khz Nav Comm coming soon (KX155 replacement)!

There must be a market for analog to ARINC429 converters

What labels are being used?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Shadin has a line of analog to ARINC429 converters.
Also, the Garmin DB30 is an interesting piece of equipment when you want to play with a DME.

Belgium

I don’t see anything obviously analog there. It would be either the + and – deviation, and discrete wires for Valid flag(s), or a composite signal, as the input.

The DB30 does almost everything

Administrator

The DB30 comes from the apollo line, like the GNS480!
I used it in order to interface a KN64 with the DME input of a Dynon HS34

Belgium

I found an analog to ARINC429 converter here.

Does the G5 really accept NAV signals via ARINC429, and not via CAN which is the usual Garmin way?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Does the G5 really accept NAV signals via ARINC429, and not via CAN which is the usual Garmin way?

Yes and no… The ARINC signals go from the navigator to a GAD29B box, which passes them on to the G5 on the CAN bus.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Slide in – sounds perfect but please remember that this 8.33 radios are much more sensitive on interferences and in pair with vintage aircraft wiring effect can be that after few months you will do normal upgrade anyway….

I make plenty of radio or com/nav replacements including exchange of all radio/audio wiring + antena wires. Effect is good – evertyhing is working and it’s quiet…
Slide in its lottery – depends how much bad thinks you have already in aircraft.

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark
77 Posts
Sign in to add your message