Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oxygen generators

With her as your passenger, apparently less oxygen is advantageous

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That video shows rather low oxygen purity values… A good concentrator should get into 90%-95% if I understand correctly.

ELLX

Peter wrote:

With her as your passenger, apparently less oxygen is advantageous

You are sexist. I don’t practice this method myself, but I can see some advantages. If one applies to himself this oxygen deprivation, then the partner could be a 70 old granny, one wouldn’t notice the difference.

LHFM, LHTL, Hungary

The G5 is certainly a nifty looking little unit… light & small. The 8hr run time with the larger battery should be long enough for any day‘s flying and overnight charging would have it ready again in the morning. In that case charging in the aircraft wouldn‘t be necessary at all. At about $3‘500 ea and needing one per person, the price is not in everyone‘s league.

LSZK, Switzerland

It seems the Inogen One G5 is superseded in Europe by Inogen Rove 6. Hardly any difference… more contrast buttons, louder alarm, maybe bluetooth ability to work with app.
Going to get one mainly for the convenience of not having to set up a private filling station first when using O2 bottle.
Pricing is puzzling, starting at €1500 on leboncoin.fr for G5/large_batt and the R6/large_batt is €2045 on oxigenus.it and €2300 on oxycare.eu. I probably end up with the last one as the French site limits it’s users to few countries and I suspect shipping would not be straight forward. The Italian site ships within Italy.

Prague
Czech Republic

I would worry a bit if I found myself at FL190 when one of these packs up.

A cylinder is less likely to pack up especially since you can carry a 2nd 1st stage regulator and a cheap constant flow cannula.

One is paying a high price for idiotic / incompetent scuba shops

Administrator

chflyer wrote:

The G5 is certainly a nifty looking little unit… light & small. The 8hr run time with the larger battery should be long enough for any day‘s flying and overnight charging would have it ready again in the morning. In that case charging in the aircraft wouldn‘t be necessary at all. At about $3‘500 ea and needing one per person, the price is not in everyone‘s league.

I got mine on LeBonCoin.fr for 1500 euros and it was brand new – never used, still in original packaging.

I was watching these kinds of sites – leboncoin.fr and ricardo.ch for several months before I found this deal, so patience is necessary. If you have links to the US or use Facebook Marketplace, probably easier to find one. Lots of folks in the US use these and eventually they don’t need them any longer, for various reasons.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Here is a new addition to mix for comparison with the other options.

They aren’t giving it away and I really do wonder how large the after-market is for GA 4-place piston aircraft. Some open questions too about the required voltage (only mentions 14V) and O2 flow for 2 people above 15’000ft. But a new concept that will be interesting to follow. As they point out, some interesting advantages.

LSZK, Switzerland

Not sure what this one costs but let’s say that now we have one for 14V systems and one for 28V systems. Aithre doesn’t give any weight, but it is an order of magnitude smaller in volume, so…

ELLX

The above (Oxyfly) is around 10k – last time I checked. The market is paradropping planes. Draws loads of power.

Re the one above it, I am amazed they can get the claimed 97% O2 just by pushing air through the zeolite crystals, but one doesn’t need much; even 80% is great.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message