Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for Aircraft paint shop

airways wrote:

@Airborne_Again any further developments on the paint-front ?

We would go for Termikas, but my club decided to postpone the painting a year, at least.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Hi all,

I found some older threads so thought I’d ask again. Any recommendations for paint shops in or near Belgium? I’m thinking about freshening up my plane (including the fabric portion) and was wondering where to go and what the ballpark cost would be (two-tone paint).

Any help is appreciated!

Life is not a dress rehearsal, it is ...
EBGB KGAI, Belgium

I guess not many people are thinking about this right now, hence the lack of replies… and you may have to go further than Belgium, to a place where there is more GA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Arizona? Just kidding

A very important factor when painting a plane is to make sure everything that would require disassembly of newly painted components in the foreseeable future gets done now, not after paint. Guess what I’m doing now? Right wing coming off and back on this weekend, same for the left wing next weekend. Flight control linkages need to be shimmed…

Hoping to get to Arizona for paint before it’s too hot there, might end up being in autumn if I get too fussy with the ongoing preparations. Flying all summer with rough paint is less emotionally stressful anyway.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Feb 15:37

I’m happy with the strip-and-repaint at Turweston by Mick Allan done in 2019.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
65 Posts
Sign in to add your message