Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Radar Altimeter / RADALT

You mean this ?

I’d like it for night landings.

EBST, Belgium

Oh yea. FAA only though.

One can get spoilt playing with airliners :)

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

GBAS posts moved to GBAS thread

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

On an LAA Permit aircraft, would installing a vehicle reversing sensor underneath require any approval?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

It may also become a capacity problem: Airports tend to have massive capacity reductions while under LVP and the last thing they would need in such a case is a 70 kts approach speed airplane between the 150 kts airliners in a CAT II/III setting.

Could be useful for all the airfields without airline traffic, but those airfields would also need additional infrastructure to support (esp. lighting).

LSZK, Switzerland

Indeed, strong runways lights are the elephant in the room not “extra aircraft equipment”…

France has load of these “CatI/II ILS runways” with proper lights managed by AFIS for RNP operations (I understand you need ATC for Cat2 ILS) but their ILS/DME is probably sold in the 2nd hand market, they all sit in foggy locations: you fly the LPV and you ALWAYS see the lights, in other places “without lights” when LPV says 1.5km and 2km visibility, you NEVER see the runway at MDA, it’s only after going missed & second time where you MAY see it

It’s much easier at night

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Feb 14:11
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Another New radar altimeter from Garmin

Garmin is now selling a radar altimeter for light GA – so far only for uncertified aircraft. They call it a “height advisory” as it doesn’t meet the requirements for a certified radar altimeter.

It works from 500 ft AGL down and can make altitude callouts. I wonder if it also calls out “retard, retard”?

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 06 Jan 09:57
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I wonder if it also calls out “retard, retard”?

I don’t think you’re allowed to say that any more.

LFMD, France

Digital readouts will display only on G3X Touch PFD displays

That’s the catch.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ain’t a catch, just another option for my system…

PS
Couldn’t help it

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message