Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin G3X (merged)

Thank you (if you were involved in getting it fixed)

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)
Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

derek wrote:

Are Garmin having a laugh? The G3X Touch Certified Essential eLearning Course has certifiably crazy pricing:

Watch this space – I think this may be getting sorted pretty soon!

Avionics geek.

Are Garmin having a laugh? The G3X Touch Certified Essential eLearning Course has certifiably crazy pricing:

US website: USD 54.95 before sales tax (https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/pn/AVNE-GM03XP-A1)
Germany: EUR 55.99 with VAT (https://www.garmin.com/de-DE/p/pn/AVNE-GM03XP-A1)
UK: GBP 80.00 with VAT (https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/pn/AVNE-GM03XP-A1)

There is no shipping cost, as it is a download.

If you add it to your cart from any website and then login (which is required), it flips to the currency of your account, which in my case is GBP.

GBP 80 is approx USD 95 or EUR 90

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

In another thread @Peter asked:

Are some people really not doing any flying these days?

Well, not so much, because the weather has been cr@p and my D140’s panel is in a nice warm workshop 250 yards away from the hangar:

Current state of play is that all LRUs are happily chatting to each other on the CAN bus, and most of the temperature sensors are connected and working.

Still to be connected are various fuel and pressure sensors, then the above “lash-up” using the old panel can be installed and tested in the aircraft.

New panel metalwork, paint and decals will be just about the last job.

Meanwhile, I’d be happy to hear from anyone else who has done a similar G3X Touch installation, or who is flying with one, either “certified” or “experimental”.

Incidentally, as far as I can tell, the difference between certified and exp is just one user-selectable configuration setting – and a few thousand $$$ worth of paperwork.

Last Edited by Jacko at 03 Mar 21:44
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

New Smart Glide software for the G3X – can’t wait to try this in my RV12!

[ YT URL fixed – see here ]

Avionics geek.

I have one (+G5 +GFC500]) in my Mooney and love it. I simply kept the ADF and DME – no big deal. I saw a DME indication in a G3X experimental pilots guide, so they probably work on that integration.
The G500 is a lot more expensive … you pay extra for synthetic vision, GAD43 etc..
The problem with the TB20 is that it can‘t provide attitude for the legacy autopilots.
The system really shines together with the GFC500.

With the latest software the G3X touch has
- remote audio panel support
- EIS data streaming and you don‘t need a FS510 for that

Last Edited by Sir_Percy at 27 Feb 20:27

Peter wrote:

Socata TBs are on the AML.

An interesting installation challenge, to say the least, and would it be legal for IFR?

The other question is if it actually makes sense to install that on more advanced a/c like TB-20.
No DME/ADF integration etc.
Plus the total cost (with installation) difference vs. G500 – not sure if it is worth it…

EGTR

Socata TBs are on the AML.

An interesting installation challenge, to say the least, and would it be legal for IFR?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
55 Posts
Sign in to add your message