Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna G1000 checklist

Hi All,

I have been trying to get an electronic checklist on a Cessna 182T G1000.

From reading other forums, I have tried several naming formats of the .ace file, but the start screen stubbornly refuses to show anything else than “Checklist File: N/A”.

I have saved the files on both the top SD card and the bottom SD card of the MFD, to no avail.

Has anyone with a cessna G1000 been successful in getting those e-checklists?

Thanks,

Bas

Ok found the solution.

The file has to be named to precise nomenclature.

In my airplane it’s “182T.ace”.
Top MDF SD Card.

Contrary to what other forums suggest, the size of the SD card doesn’t seem to make a difference

Note that even though they are written in plane language, the checklists cannot be manually edited in a word editor.
They probably contain a form of checksum and need to be edited with the Garmin software

I suspect most G1000 systems can have e-checklists. Few seem to make use of it.

One can establish the details with a hex editor. Look at the last byte. It can be a binary checksum, or an ascii checksum, or a CRC (and there are dozens of CRCs).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is the file available somewhere for examination?

ESME, ESMS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dtmao6p64y588e/182T.ace?dl=0

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 15 May 20:42

The end

but it also starts with some binary data

Not totally obvious but someone can work it out. Looks like a 4 byte checksum, top byte = 0.

Administrator

@PetitCessnaVoyageur

Try changing 1 byte, by one value (say “A” to “B”) and see which bytes elsewhere change.

That is the Method 101 for working out this sort of stuff. It is a primitive version of this.

Email me both files (zip them) and I can upload them somewhere. Dropbox is not ideal for public stuff because DB links get hit.

Administrator

If I could have the two files mentioned I will have a go.

Administrator
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message