Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TQ KTX2-S vs KTX2-S.V2 "differences"

Could anybody please share their knowledge on the differences between the two – V1 and V2?

Bonus questions.
Is it a suitable transponder for any light category aircraft (such as pa28, c172, MS Rallye etc.).

Many thanks in advance.

Last Edited by Yeager at 06 Dec 20:24
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

From the manual, the only difference I see except some small display and interface stuff is that the V2 can do certified ADS-B out if linked to a NextNav Mini GPS.
Also seems that, in the V2, the ADS-b out can be (de)activated in software. Hence they sell the basic version for ~300EUR less. (Though if you buy the code later it is 400, strange math).

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Xtophe wrote:

Xtophe06-Dec-22 22:2402
From the manual, the only difference I see except some small display and interface stuff is that the V2 can do certified ADS-B out if linked to a NextNav Mini GPS.
Also seems that, in the V2, the ADS-b out can be (de)activated in software. Hence they sell the basic version for ~300EUR less. (Though if you buy the code later it is 400, strange math).

Thanks for taking time to reply. All noted. Agree on the pricing.

Would you happen to have any opinion on the quality of the product TQ product line?
I´m “new” (returning!) in the GA world of equipment and don´t really know left from right when it comes to radio gear. I sort of see it could make sense to have these smaller units (radio/transponder) installed on the front panels of a Rallye, just because of the layout or the panel in that aircraft.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

I know this isn’t very helpful but just fit trig. They work and the support is top notch.

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message