Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Headset Incompatibility Issues

Helo headsets have coiled cables and (mostly) different jacks. Otherwise, AFAIK, identical.

I’ve had that incompatibility issue quite a few times over the years in various aircraft. Usually, but not always, managed to sort it out by extended fiddling with the intercom and headset controls. No idea why, @Peter may have an explanation.

@William why don’t you borrow a Bose and/or swap with the instructor and see what happens?

Having owned three Sigtronics intercoms I have never found it to be a very good unit, that having been said it should work in satisfactory way with dissimilar headsets.

What I would be looking at would be the headset jacks and cables for poor / dirty connections. However if you are going deep into the system it might well be time to ditch the Sigtronics unit and use the intercom that is integral with your Trig radio IMO it is a much better intercom than the sigtronics unit.

When it comes to aircraft audio systems I have constantly found PS engineering to be the leaders in the field with Garmin following very close behind.

When we upgraded to a 8.33 trig radio the intercom volume was very low. The avionics guy replaced some capacitor (or something – its in the manual) which resulted in the intercom being much louder.

I’m with A and C (didnt listen found out the hard way) that ps engineering units are excellent.

I just wish they did a plug in compatable spa-400 replacement with their intelivox auto squelch feature.

Last Edited by Bathman at 01 Aug 07:18
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message