Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Help and guidance needed to ship PA-18-150 from Denmark to the US

Hi everyone,

I have been in Denmark a number of years and acquired a N-registered PA-18-150 Supercub. I now need to go back to the US and I want to ship my beloved Supercub back. I have never done anything like taking an airplane apart and containerizing it. I have seen some companies that specialize in this in the US but I have not found any place in Denmark or close to that does this. Does anyone have any guidance or recommendation on how to go about doing this shipment? I am unsure about many things and any information or recommendations would be really helpful.

Check with Aerotronic in Höganäs, in Sweden but very close to Denmark. I have no idea what experience they have from shipping but you can check.
https://aero-tronic.com/Om
[email protected]

ESSZ, Sweden

I just sold a U206F Ampib (we owned it for a month) back to the USA. We are crating it up in France and sending it in a 40ft. Cost door-to-door ex-insurance is $14k.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Google search “Container shipping a plane” on another well known aviation website (Excuse me Peter), there’s a good write up there with lots of useful information….

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I am most likely leaving my job and this will require that I move to the USA. I have a PA-18 that I bought in Europe and I would like to move it to the USA. I contacted Piper here in Europe but they were no help with transport companies that could pack it up and ship it. The only other option I found was a company in the US that would fly over a crew and containerize it and ship it but that was an outrageous cost. Does anyone have a suggestion or contact with a firm that can containerize it and ship it?

FYI, it is a N registered aircraft?

Last Edited by Slowjunk at 20 Mar 09:15

Slowjunk wrote:

I am most likely leaving my job and this will require that I move to the USA. I have a PA-18 that I bought in Europe and I would like to move it to the USA. I contacted Piper here in Europe but they were no help with transport companies that could pack it up and ship it. The only other option I found was a company in the US that would fly over a crew and containerize it and ship it but that was an outrageous cost. Does anyone have a suggestion or contact with a firm that can containerize it and ship it?

FYI, it is a N registered aircraft?

@johnh might help, although he has moved his a/c in the opposite direction.

EGTR

You can get in touch with

contactATaero-vintage-academy.fr

JBS can help moving vintages across Atlantic both ways, he does ship dozens every year (even flew some on ferry kits)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@johnh might help

Mine was packed up by a company in California, which won’t help much. I’ve sent a PM with what help I can give.

LFMD, France

Thanks. I will contact the ones mentioned. I am in Denmark so any suggestions in that area would be great.

If Peter will pardon the cross reference, you’ll find good discussion here:

https://www.pprune.org/private-flying/559389-container-shipping-plane.html?highlight=container+shipping

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message