Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is this the most avionics-loaded TB20?

Peter wrote:

Yes the RH unit is an Ipad in a holder, and you would need a CB to make the holder installation (which is “permanent”) legal.

I would expect a breaker on the side panel on the pilot side, but the push button breaker on the center console was a surprise.

EHRD, Netherlands

Yes; very true.

Factory original:

Theirs:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It’s funny because that planecheck advert has an old photo of the panel

which I recognise from the Sandel EHSI, and I reckon @TJ will also

TJ does indeed recognise the plane. I owned her for a couple of years and flew her to the EuroGA meetings at Mali Losinj (2014) and Calvi. Lovely aircraft. The new panel does look great but doesn’t do much more than the old. The old KAP150 was rock solid. The only obvious functional improvement is LPV capability as the original panel had a plain vanilla GNS530.

As has been said, nothing there changes the despatch rate. I sold her and bought a SR22TN as I was looking for Turbo and TKS. I did think about adding TKS but the complete lack of interest from the Friedrichshafen installer put me off. I’m no longer flying but a price of €239000 doesn’t tempt me to return!

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

TJ wrote:

I’m no longer flying but a price of €239000 doesn’t tempt me to return!

The Cirrus couldn’t convince you to keep flying ?

EBST, Belgium

Come on guys, one rarely hit the limits of their aircraft? aside from Max Range and WnB limits !

None of aircraft upgrades (e.g. avionics, power, equipment, paint, interior) are about dispatch rates? it’s mostly comfort, ease of flying, less boring panel, copying hangar neighbor and most importantly flushing spare money a precious “investment”

Dispatch rates in winter-summer are roughly similar across all SEP aircraft (60%-80% on PPL & VFR aircraft and 80%-95% on IR & IFR aircraft), the key driver of the delta is having a big airport with full ATC + 2*IFR paved runways, the remaining gap of 20% winter & 5% summer is only relevant when one starts to fly 100 trips a year on tight schedules but as we know it costs 3million in purchase & 300k in running to fill those tiny gaps, ideally PC12 or G90XT

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Feb 11:45
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Dispatch rates in winter-summer are roughly similar across all SEP aircraft (60%-80% on PPL & VFR aircraft and 80%-95% on IR & IFR aircraft), the key driver is big airport with full ATC + 2*IFR runways, the remaining gap of 20% winter & 5% summer is only relevant when one starts to fly 100 trips a year on tight schedules, as we know it costs 3million in purchase & 300k in running to fill that tiny 5% gap, ideally PC12 or G90XT

Really? there are some very capable TBM 850’s available for half that, and a lot of capable twins that will do it for a lot less.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I was pulling the string if you want something shinny, new & capable, all you want is something capable then there are more choices: why not an Aztec or 340 ?! at 240k, you can get 2 flying and a spare one…you have to buy them again on every annual

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Feb 11:51

Ibra wrote:

you can get 2 flying and a spare one

Which is the only way to get your dispatch rates up ;-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Ibra wrote:

None of aircraft upgrades (e.g. avionics, power, equipment, paint, interior) are about dispatch rates? it’s mostly comfort, ease of flying, less boring panel, copying hangar neighbor and most importantly flushing spare money a precious “investment”

Right, so VFR vs IFR cockpit hardware is irrelevant? Especially in the UK, right…
Or TKS?

Ibra wrote:

Dispatch rates in winter-summer are roughly similar across all SEP aircraft (60%-80% on PPL & VFR aircraft and 80%-95% on IR & IFR aircraft),

I think you are a bit optimistic here for the VFR…

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

Right, so VFR vs IFR cockpit hardware is irrelevant? Especially in the UK, right…or TKS?

Aha, if you want to justify lack of flying using lack of G1000, TKS, IR rating it’s fine, I am sure you will find plenty of excuses even on sunny days

I think you should decouple increase of confidence vs increase of capability: just ask how many time people have flown LPV minima when LNAV/CTL/VMC minima were not possible? I think I did it twice in hundreds of hours: once on actual flight where I really had to get there on A to B, the other was for fun with @Jujupilote in RHS, not landing was not a real issue, most of the time LPV minima never materialize but you are paying for WAAS to have that peace of mind and capability available when you really need it (same for TKS or any other extra…say, I could get myself & aircraft certified for Cat3C operations but I gather it’s useless if I fly in Elstree)

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Feb 12:29
Sign in to add your message