Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GI106B install - Aerofab

Through a colleague and a forumite I was introduced to Aerofab at Thruxton. They helpfully swapped an old CDI and installed a GI106B which is connected to my KLN94. My set up is now ultra simple: GNC255 COM VOR ILS, KLN94 and GI106B, Trig TT31 transponder and S-tec 20.

While the S-tec 20 takes roll signals from the KLN94 on the ground, am still figuring out the NAV function in the air. HDG mode is fine. The S-tec 20 was not part of the KLN94 original autopilot set ups.

Aerofab have been very friendly and helpful and it is not easy to find a helpful avionics shop in the UK these days, especially one that will keep old equipment serviceable.

My colleague had a bigger job (two G5, 750 and GFC500) and was very pleased with the service.

Thruxton is also on the south west train line.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Aerofab have been very friendly and helpful and it is not easy to find a helpful avionics shop in the UK these days, especially one that will keep old equipment serviceable.

Ben at Aerofab is a top man. His avionics guys are very straight-talking. We have 3 aeroplanes down there with him at the moment for various tasks.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I wonder why Aerofab is so little known? Never heard of them before.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message