Welcome to our forums

Socata parts - where to buy??

10 Posts

I got email replies from APS and RAS.

APS do ship to the UK.

RAS do not sell Socata parts.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

RAS do not do TB parts anymore. All transferred to APS.
Funnily enough that news – years old – somehow hasn’t made it to Socata.
There are still standard email responses (boiler plate, i guess) pointing you to RAS.
APS are ok in phone contact, but also suffer from Socata’s notorious attitude (incl not sending straight to shops)
AOG it sometimes accelerates things, but not much.
Standard parts, Piper Kassel might have them in stock, with awesome turnaround times!

Last Edited by ch.ess at 24 Feb 18:24
EDM_, Germany

Thanks. I’ve emailed both APS and RAS.

There might be some history there because Air Touring UK became a Mooney dealer just before they went bust (which happened just after their AIM listing, hey ho hey ho ) and Air Touring DE went bust soon after. I wonder if there was a parts stock transfer from AT DE to one of these two.

The ex AT UK parts stock was touted around for years, for a time with this chap, and I think RGV got it eventually.

Troyes offer a good personal service but stock nothing and buy totally everything back to back from Tarbes.

UK business should be a non issue unless the vendor actually doesn’t want to sell to the UK for “personal reasons”.

Administrator

In the past (until maybe 10-15 years ago) they used to be the no.1 European shop to go to for Mooney parts. They also used to be Germany’s main new aircraft Mooney dealer when that was still a thing. Don’t know what the place is like today. Not sure how keen they are on UK business, but I am sure they will talk proper English.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Does anyone use RAS in Germany?

Administrator

For Rallye Parts specifically it’s worth posting on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1592694994185948

and on the rallye.io mailing list

I have 3 Rallye’s parted out so might be able to help also. The issue with them is the same parts go on all Rallyes, like canopy rails/swivel bodies on NLG/rudders etc etc

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I use Troyes too.

Remember that only TB airframe parts need to come from Socata. The engine is American, so you don’t buy the air filter from Socata, for example. Same for avionics and most electrical parts. Engine hoses is another long story where much cheaper options are available. See others threads e.g. “Threads possibly related to this one” below.

More info here.

Administrator

When I owned TB20 I used to order parts from Troyes Aviation in France www.troyesaviation.com

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I get my TB-10 parts from APS Aviation in Germany.

EHRD, Netherlands

I would like to get some new parts for my Ralley Club and was surprised to find out that google can not suggest any address where to ask for them.
Right now it is only gas hoses for Club but some day could be something else and for some other plane… so where do you get your parts from?
Hanski

EFFO EFHV, Finland
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message