Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Error MSG while sharing route from SkyDemon to Garmin Pilot

Does anybody faced with problem which I see only on my friend’s iPad while share route (flight plan) from SkyDemon to Garmin Pilot app:

“Invalid Route Received
The route received couldn’t be read.
Dismiss”

My friend use:
iPad Air, A2324, 2020 year, MYH82LL/2 with
- the latest iOS – 14.6
- latest software ver. of Garmin Pilot App -10.4.9
- the latest software ver. of SkyDemon App – 3.15.4

What I have done:
- tested on my iPhone wth my friend’s GP and SD account – this feature works
- tested on my iPad wth my friend’s GP and SD account (note: latest ver of SkyDemon but GP ver 10.2.8 due to iOS 13.6) – this feature works

- use my Apple ID on my friend’s Ipad – feature doesn’t work
- both app were deleted and downloaded via my account in AppStore -feature doesn’t work

Please help me to solve this puzzle.

AZ
UKLL, Ukraine

please see Video

Last Edited by AZ at 28 Jun 20:55
AZ
UKLL, Ukraine

Hello @AZ,

Sorry i did not see your post before, probably because in Jun 2021 i had not bought Garmin Pilot. I have it now and also use SkyDemon and therefore can load SD flight plans into my GNS430W.

I have asked SD if they would look into the problem and have posted on their forum to see if anybody else is experiencing the problem.

In my case more often than not it’s that Garmin Pilot receives the route from SD but fails to load it to active or standby (no error msg) when the request is made.
I have seen the same error you report.

The solution for me is to go back to the SD app again and ‘Share’ and either on the 2nd or 3rd time Garmin Pilot will do it’s job and the flightplan from SD will be loaded into active or standby in the Garmin app. Strange.

Then loading to the GNS430W works every time.

I am using a mini iPad 4 (uptodate) SD (uptodate) and Garmin Pilot(uptodate).

It’s frustrating, but no where near as frustrating as programming a GN430W flightplan with multiple waypoints (some user defined) so i am not really unhappy.

Have you found a solution ?

Archer2
EGKA, United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message