Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Recommendations for an SR22 BRS chute service, UK or nearby

Somebody I know is looking for this. Two known options are RGV and ASG.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

SAS in Netherlands has a good rep.

always learning
LO__, Austria

There must be places where all Cirrus owners go, at the 10 year point.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The big problem with the rocket is it is next to impossible to ship due to the dangerous goods regulations.

The answer is usually to fly the aircraft to the rocket or as with all overly restrictive regulations people ignore the regs and smuggle the rocket in a crate of wine when pretending to be going on a booze cruise.

As with all overly restrictive regulation it just drives the problem underground………… just try shipping a liferaft to the Isle of Man !

There must be places where all Cirrus owners go, at the 10 year point.

There is, it is Cirrus Sale and Service in Groningen – www.cirrus-sas.com

EGTR

Can one fly SR2X without repacking the chutes? or you are grounded until it’s sorted?
I see it’s part of MEL (maybe as mandatory device for anti-spin)

Last Edited by Ibra at 20 Jun 20:39
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

MEL doesn’t apply to EASA NCO.

It’s in the airworthiness limitations (Section 4 of the DAH AMM and in the TCDS).

Without Chute, the Cirrus is grounded.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

MEL doesn’t apply to EASA NCO

It permissible, but not necessary, to use a MEL with part-NCO — NCO.GEN.155 and NCO.IDE.A.105(a).

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I don’t think there is any one operator under NCO who uses a MEL (for clarification, I’m not talking about looking at the POH/AFM equipment list, but about real MEL procedures „CAT Style“).

There’s an interesting exception though, stemming from SPA, eg to get RVSM approval. The authority requires a MEL to issue RVSM SPA, but they cannot approve the MEL for NCO. Essentially it creates a tiny overlap of operating procedure for NCO with CAT, without any authority stamp on the paperwork. Ask me how I know it ;)

Back to topic, again as posted in reply #2, SAS in NL has a good rep.

There’s also a nice outfit at LIKO. Urbe at LOAN does Cirrus too. One or two are in the Czech Republic.

I wouldn’t take my business to Cirrus Germany. I was AOG with a fuel pump problem close to Berlin and had them on the phone, when the guy asked me to hold the line and I then heard him speak to his colleague

Cirrus Germany Guy 1: „Hey, do we have fuel pump part number xyz in stock“

Cirrus Germany Guy 2: „Yes, one is here“

CG1 guy then told me „Sorry, we’re out of stock“.

I told him I heard they have one, to which he answered „Well, yes, but not for you, only for our regular customers“. The guy obviously didn’t understand the idea of a service center network which should provide a benefit to Cirrus pilots. . . sigh.

The Cirrus website lists all service centers, I’d call them and go from there (one can usually get a good feeling about a shop just from the initial contact experience).

Last Edited by Snoopy at 21 Jun 08:27
always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

It’s in the airworthiness limitations (Section 4 of the DAH AMM and in the TCDS).

Without Chute, the Cirrus is grounded.

What is the logic behind that?

It implies that if the pilot doesn’t have the option of pulling the chute, the Cirrus is unsafe. Or is the rumour true that it wouldn’t have passed certification on spin recovery if it didn’t have the chute?

EGLM & EGTN
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message