Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CAMO & contracts

You pay the CAMO for a certion period of time. For instance my CAMO charges one year in advance for the service offered. I get the bill together with the ARC.

So of course you can say any time that you don’t want the service any more, but then you won’t get the money back for that year.

If there is no term for ending the contract, then national law about typical periods in that case should get in force, if it exists. Can be anything between “no term at all” and something like 3 months to the end of the term.

However, I understand that you don’t seem to have any contract at the moment or that it is not valid or outdated? Then there should be no term at all.

And no, you don’t need any CAMO.

Germany

UdoR wrote:

However, I understand that you don’t seem to have any contract at the moment or that it is not valid or outdated? Then there should be no term at all.

Yes, the current CAMO contract denoted as a “limited CAMO contract” and asserted by the CAMO being outdated since 2020 because their attutide is that say that a first prolongation of the last basic ARC issued on site at the CAMO/maintenane shop can only be reissued/prolongated (if I don´t want to show up again at the maintanance shop) if I sign a to 2020 redated CAMO contract (and pay for it, of course). In the meantime they issued the new prolonged ARC but I assume they insist on signng the redated CAMO contract. Sounds like a strange dilemma, doesn´t it?

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

That would be great, but do you know where to find the legal regulations in EASA law jungle?

TB20 Airman

Chris wrote:

No it´s only me flying it private for leisure and recreation without any commercial use and however I could declare a SDMP if I read the current EASA rules correctly.

Then you do not need any camo at all!
If they make you troubles – declare your own SDMP and manage your plane by yourself.
That’s what I do and even a multiengine plane can be much cheaper to operate privately.
Pilot is allowed to do some maintenance jobs (“pilot-owner maintenance”) which is way cheaper but what most important – gives a lot of fun out of having your bird. It’s not just about flying it
Of course – you have to be sure what you do – and possibly do it together with your buddy mechanic.
Then to refresh an ARC you call for a CAA inspector who comes and checks all papers and overall condition of the plane.
You only need a certified mechanic to perform your Annual/100h inspection and to perform repairs. Anything else can be done by the pilot-owner.
Enjoy!

Poland

Chris, if you want to go the way to SDMP talk to Malte Höltken, he also gives sensibly priced classes on how to do this.

But anyway, just to have this clear: pilot/owner maintenance can be done while in CAMO. In fact you can do practically anything yourself, you just have to negotiate about those jobs which need a release to service by a Prüfer (examiner) of the respective topic (e.g. avionics or maintenance). This is easier under CAMO if you can talk with each other.

Indeed the prolongation of the ARC is also very nice under CAMO.

I stayed with the CAMO and plan to keep it there, but in fact am doing maintenance myself (under supervision).

Germany

@ultranomad this is serious? So any ARC can be prolonged if the same examiner is involved? When will this be in force? Interesting news indeed!

Would be one point less in favour of the CAMO.

Germany

UdoR wrote:

Prüfer

Well, actually I experienced more hassle with the CAMO than having it “nice”. maybe I´ve got your wording wrong, but nice is something different for me because I felt more bossed around between CAMO and the annual executing different shop while e.g. the maintenance wanted more or less excessive change of parts that are currently unavailable in stock or expensive and could have been checked and reinstalled (example: fuel filter) or the CAMO did their paperwork not up to date. That´s bogus but legal and as soon I do not fly commercially I will strike another path and I think maintenance does not become better with these state of a system but more expensive for GA. I´m in contact with Malte.

TB20 Airman
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message