Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CAMO & contracts

Dear all, maybe some could help me out in my question concerning a EASA/dutch CAMO contract: My current dutch CAMO is forcing me to sign a “follow up” 2020 redated CAMO contract on the grounds that the last “limited” CAMO contract has to be renewed and is discontinued because it was labeled “limited CAMO contract” and this contract is supposed / denoted from the dutch CAMO that it doesn´t any longer fit the base for the prolongation of a new ARC. However, after the annual and everything (some needless items) to be fixed were done elswhere in Germany due to the Covid-19 situation, better than to fly around to a remote dutch “home”-maintenance shop. Well, a new ARC was issued to me yesterday. What would you recommend? – the new (and the current, “old” contract) to be signed “redated” contract doesn´t contain any termination clause. Is any extraordinary termination clause regulated by the law of the registered country, or is it possible to terminate any CAMO contract within the year of the new ARC? Or has the new CAMO contract to be signed, whereas the fresh ARC can be revoked by the CAMO if the redated contract will not be signed?

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

The term “limited contract” was in part-M but is not in the new part-ML which is compulsory for airplanes with an MTOM of not more than 2,730 kg (unless they are used for commercial air transport). So that may be why your CAMO wanted you to sign a new contract.

As far as I know, once issued an ARC can never be revoked except by an aviation authority.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 07 May 14:09
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Txs to Airborne_Again: and what happens if I would like to terminate any further CAMO “care” instantly?

TB20 Airman

Chris wrote:

Txs to Airborne_Again: and what happens if I would like to terminate any further CAMO “care” instantly?

You (as owner) would instantly become responsible for the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft. And there would be some ways in which you can’t use the aircraft. (E.g. for commercial flight training.)

No it´s only me flying it private for leisure and recreation without any commercial use and however I could declare a SDMP if I read the current EASA rules correctly. Anything legal contractual inconvenience that could affect it? Is a CAMO contract terminable anytime?

TB20 Airman

Chris wrote:

Anything legal contractual inconvenience that could affect it? Is a CAMO contract terminable anytime?

I don’t know. I guess that depends on what’s written in your current contract.

There´s no explicit termination clause in it – that´s why I ask “greenhorn” :-) like….

TB20 Airman

Chris wrote:

There´s no explicit termination clause in it – that´s why I ask “greenhorn” :-) like….

In that case I expect that you can terminate to contract any time.

The main advantage of keeping in the same CAMO is you do not need a new ARC every year: they can extend it twice for a total of three years without an airworthiness review. If you change or exit CAMO then you need a new ARC a year after the last one.
Some CAMO’s use that as a retention incentive.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Txs to Antonio and Airborne_Again, that makes sense from the CAMO point if view.

TB20 Airman
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message