Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ex-Factory Option "Partial De-Ice Plumbing" T210R - How to activate it?

Thanks for all comments!

…I should indeed add that the aircraft will be on the German register – hence EASA rulin applies.

@CharlieRomeo
Exactly my thinking – why worry about something which is actually certiefied, was an option and flies around today – even in EASA-Country but we talked to two maintenance shops and they found the question not that simple

@WilliamF
That is part of what I am trying to achieve here

@Antonio
Thanks for the extensive answer – we very deliberatly went for a R model for exactly the reasons you stated paying a premium and did extensive avionics upgrades; and we are still far cheaper than buying a Cirrus with more versatilitiy. But that is of course a singleminded statement

We got all installed already apart from some pipes, the valves, timers and the boots. We already got ex factory the hot prop, ice light, heated stall warning, dual alternator, etc. etc. etc.

The only AK I found was AK210-180B “Wing & Horizontal Stabilizer De-Ice System” but that only covers S/N 21064536 thru 21064897 (think that is the last “N” number); we got 210-64969 though.

As for your second post – I figured that also now… I doubt many are even aware that this partical plumbing etc. ever existed…

@GA-Pete
Yes – and that is installed already

Germany

…to add…

I do not plan to knowlingly fly hardcore IFR in icing… so the equipment needs to be legal but I do not need dispatch into ice capability; I am after the functionality in case forecast was wrong etc. and I ended up in icing unknowingly beforehand

Germany

The US “FIKI” is a US-only concept anyway, because in legal terms it maps onto US weather services, etc.

Your earlier thread on this topic has been merged with this one

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

GA_Pete wrote:

Does it not also require a heated/anti Ice stall warner?

Yes it is part of AK210-162K

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Peter wrote:

Your earlier thread on this topic has been merged with this one

It took me a few minutes to figure that out!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

yeah – the merger confused me also a bit but am up to it again

So the initial thread was when we were considering the plane – now it is ours and I have more facts about the equipment installed to pursue the idea

Germany

EDFM79 wrote:

we talked to two maintenance shops and they found the question not that simple

Well it is true that IPC effectivity is not always enough to install an optional part: ie the IPC will not always tell you interrelationship with all other parts required for that system to work. Furthermore, installing a certain part required for FIKI does not ensure it is enough for FIKI, it just confirms it as required. ie: IPC is not necessarily enough to ensure applicability of a certain AFM/POH approval (ie the FIKI supplement).

In this case however you are in luck because the FIKI AK describes all that is required for FIKI, including prerequisites. A knowledgeable CAMO or ARC inspector should be able to validate that, just make sure to have the discussion in advance and not after the fact when you need ARC renewal with him!

I would also engage someone knowledgeable to build the AK kit for you or else be prepared to devote a big effort to put it together, and in both cases to use the “owner accepted part” get out of jail card with a significant number of used parts (again prevalidate this concept with your CAMO/ARC and installer).

Received your PM, will answer shortly.

Antonio
LESB, Spain
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message