Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Interface options (flight plan loading, etc) for panel mount avionics

Peter wrote:

How will the waypoint names be displayed on the navigator? Obviously displaying the lat/long will be useless.

In my box it creates new user waypoints cx001 and just numbers up.

The AHRS- ad-on thingy is not a toy.
It’s a feature provided buy the Flightstream interface that is required for the transfer.
This is an ‘installed’ piece of equipment not a pocket gadget.
For GNS owners, Once having got used to Garmin Pilot, and operating the panel via an Ipad there’s no going back. Life becomes very easy.

United Kingdom

Why do you need the AHRS to send a FP to a GNS or GTN?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

t’s a feature, provided by the Flightstream interface that is required for the transfer.

I think the comma was missing – no need for AHRS, it’s just provided.

Some people have a good experience with those. I have an “extra” (uncertified) AHRS, in my GTX transponder, that can drive FF or GP; it is not something I’d want to use in an emergency, it’s laggy and drifts

EGTF, LFTF

Peter wrote:

No need for an AHRS per se, but the same card/box that gives the bluetooth radio to one’s avionics for bidirectional flight plan transfer also allows, over the same bluetooth radio, the transmission of AHRS information from one’s avionics to one’s iPad.

Last Edited by lionel at 07 Feb 14:19
ELLX

Peter wrote:

If EasyVFR or Skydemon can upload flight plans (would have to be VFR ones since that’s all they do) that is sort of useful,

SD has an IFR mode, and you can display airways waypoints in VFR mode. So I plan on laptop/pc, save file to sd card and put in the GTN, ….seems the easiest route to me!

EGNS, Other

Peter wrote:

Don’t need one per-se, but there have been saves where the aircraft lost all electrical and the pilot was night IFR. It was used in the emergency to get down safely. I just looked one such incident with a complete electrical failure at night IFR on departure. The AHRS was from a portable device.

KUZA, United States

Very much looking forward to the FS210 when we fit it soon. Plan the route in SD, open it in Garmin Pilot, send it to the GNS430W and it will crossfill to the Aera660. Also keen to see the AHRS/Syn Viz on Garmin Pilot.

Humble money for such nice functionality.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

If one had Avidyne navigator(s) could one duplicate the FP to an Aera660?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

If one had Avidyne navigator(s) could one duplicate the FP to an Aera660?

Avidyne navigators are compatible with the GNS interfaces (rs232) and protocols (garmin aviation), so yes in this case.

But if I had an avidyne navigator in my plane, I would have an ipad mini with a X-naut cooler case
in front of me on the yoke and run skydemon or foreflight (for back and forth flightplan transfer), the avidyne app, the ADL app and any other one that is worth using in flight on it.

Belgium
Sign in to add your message