Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LED landing light issue

hey everyone!
So I got two teledyne alphabeam LED landing lights on each wing tip.
Lately the right wing tip light has started acting weird. When I toggle the switch to ON, the light starts to flicker and fully light up maybe at least 5 seconds or so later. Sometimes it does not even turn on until I toggle it a few times ON/OFF.
I doubt it is wiring or the switch.. but I am begining to suspect the LED light is failing. What you do you all think?
Baris

Switzerland

I think I just bought two spare replacement incandescent landing lights for $8 each.

It’s likely the light’s power supply (which will be in the landing light’s housing) is failing. Unfortunately, I doubt there is a legal way of repairing it. It might be something as simple as a bad solder joint in the power supply.

Andreas IOM

yeah i was wondering if it is a wire or cable issue but the light turns on at some point. so it gets voltage.
I tend to think the lamp itself is dying. I will swap with the left side and see.

Switzerland

If this can be reproduced on the ground, I’d put a voltmeter on the back of the lamp.

The lamps contain a simple switch-mode power supply.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Swop landing light from left to right wing. If the problem changes to the right wing you know the LED unit is U/S. If it doesn’t, then you’ve got other problems

Near Luton

ohh you’d not believe how much work it is the swap the lights. I have to remove my tip tanks to access the wingtip landing light..
but yeah looks like that’s the only way

Switzerland
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message