Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bendix King KCS 55A HSI PROBLEM

Hi everyone!

Maybe I can get some help here.

On my Lancair 360 I have a Bendix King KCS 55A HSI and I’m having some problems whith it. Yes, I know… Who this days still use this old technology so prone to fail? Right now I cannot spend too much money on the panel, and I don’t fly IFR, so I’m trying to solve this with no rush.

As you can see on the video I post here, the HDG flag is out and the compass card is dead. And if I rotate the HDG bug, all the card rotates with it. If I try to unslave and rotate freely, also nothing happens.

On the KG 102A remote unit, I can hear the gyro spinning. I know this unit needs an overhaul after several years, but normaly, for what I read, the symptons for a repair are errors on the compass card or lag reaching the heading. On this case, the “gyro” / heading doesn’t work at all.

Video:

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thank you all in advance.

David

Portugal

The gyro has to send a “valid” signal to the indicator to clear the HDG flag. So gyro function would be my first place to go as if the gyro is not making its correct speed the valid signal is not sent.

A_and_C wrote:

So gyro function would be my first place to go as if the gyro is not making its correct speed the valid signal is not sent.

Or the cabling…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message