Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Group Exercise - EASA Part ML (Owner Declared) Aircraft Maintenance Program

aircraft_maintenance_programmes_for_ela1_aircraft_not_used_in_commercial_operations_pdf
EASA_AMP_pdf
EASA_MIP_pdf
Cessna_100_Series_Piston_Continued_Airworthiness_Program_pdf
Cessna 150 1977 MM D2011-1-13.pdf
[file fixed – it was over the 20MB size limit]

I’m trying to understand how to formulate a correct owner declared AMP (aircraft maintenance program) under Part-ML based NOT on the manufacturer (“design approval holder”) maintenance program but containing only those items necessary according to the MIP (minimum inspection program) as well as any airworthiness limitations.

Some background info (with compliments from the UK CAA)

Part-ML simplifies existing maintenance rules and offers a less prescriptive and burdensome approach to maintenance programmes, airworthiness reviews, defects deferments and TBO extensions. It also provides more privileges for pilots, owners, independent certifying staff and small maintenance organisations. For example:

The CAA (any EASA CAA actually, note of author) will no longer be involved in the approval of maintenance programmes for Light aircraft.
A new Airworthiness Review Certificate (EASA Form 15c) has been introduced that can be issued by the CAA, by an approved organisation or by independent Part-66 engineers with an appropriate authorisation.
(Any EASA, note by author) CAA Generic Requirements (e.g. GR No.24) have been revised to remove their applicability to EASA Aircraft Types, including those within the scope of Part-ML

The “example” aircraft in question is a 1977 Cessna Reims F150M.

Step 1 → See attached EASA AMP template

Step 2 → See attached EASA MIP

I’m currently stuck at Step 3 → find out which airworthiness limitations exist for the plane to add them line by line to the AMP.
A Diamond DA40 will have these items listed in Chapter 4 of the Maintenance Manual, whereas items listed in Chapter 5 are not mandatory.

Where could I find the necessary data for a 1977 F150M?

The (attached as pdf) 1977 Service Manual doesn’t list anything.
The (also attached as pdf) Cessna 100 Series Piston Continued Airworthiness Programm contains a myriad of items, are all these “airworthiness limitations” in the context of EASA Part-ML?

Step 4 → formulate AMP (ideally in coordination with the organisation or part 66 person that will do the ARC)
Do owner pilot maintenance items need to be specifically mentioned in the AMP? If I understand correctly, anybody can “work” on the plane if the work is signed of by someone authorized?

Would be great if we could educate each other on this topic! Thank you!

Last Edited by Snoopy at 02 Aug 17:29
always learning
LO__, Austria

I found the list of current ADs from the FAA :

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/airworthiness_directives/

Go to T/Textron / Cessna 150M
You would have a good idea of what is up for the type.

If it is a Reims Cessna, you would have to check EASA maybe ? Don’t know.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 02 Aug 19:18
LFOU, France

Thanks, I’m aware of the ADs (the Reims Cessnas are also on an FAA TC → A13EU iirc).

However, there are more airworthiness limitations apart from „only“ the ADs. Just how to find them?

always learning
LO__, Austria

There are no airworthiness limitations in the TCDS or MM for a Cessna 150. The only other source is AD’s …. or conditions in a STC modification which is highly unlikely.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Don’t you have now to search for the engine and its accessories ADs and SB/SLs (to get a feel of them and add what you want in your programme) ?

LFOU, France

Thanks @junupilote
I don’t know if the engine has separate ADs or if they are included in the airframe ADs. Good question.

always learning
LO__, Austria

In Continental/O-200-A, there are a dozen ADs

LFOU, France

And they pertain to all airframes or subject to a combination of airframe/engine?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Engine ADs are not related to the airframe in which the engine is installed. Engines have a different type certificate, and the ADs are against the engine TC.

Thanks @Silvaire
What does this mean concerning a Part-ML declared AMP? Engine ADs need to listed?

always learning
LO__, Austria
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message