Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Everything you need is in the Installation Manual - see link I posted.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

yes, and I found information regarding terminal in it, but the cable...

EVCA

Page 57 in the IM.

Administrator

Thank you, Peter. I found also this page, but I'm a little confused with A and B schemes. From other forums I found, that KAP140 on 172 is using US NATO and these connectors more looks like microphone or headsets jacks.

Anyway, I'm not a good technician, but I think, that it's not a problem to order such cable from any electric workshop. What should I know is exact connector type - how can I understand, wich one should I use in my airplane?

EVCA

Are you shure that you set heading bug and vor indicator on the same value when flying nav? In our c172r it is like that. The autopilot takes heading as course to fly and vor indicatior deflection to compensate the deviation.

If heading bug and vor indicator deviate from each other, the plane eventually flies a constant offset to the desired track.

One six right!
EDVE

Actualy, I did not try with VOR. I did with KLN-94. And result was the same. KLN-94 does not require setting heading bug for sure.

EVCA

pshz - The config cable connector varies between installations. But if you cannot work this out, you will have no chance of doing anything with it afterwards, except possibly to totally mess up your autopilot. You need to find an electronics engineer who can read the manuals and find out what is wrong.

Hiflyer - I think you must be right in the case of a DG (not HSI) installation. There is no Course Pointer, so the autopilot must be getting its "heading" signal from somewhere, and the heading bug is the only option. Then it uses the deviation bar value to adjust the heading.

I have a KLN94 too, and the autopilot requires the HSI course pointer to be correctly set - equal to the current GPS track. The autopilot uses the CP as the "heading" to fly.

The KAP-140 Pilot's Guide shows several possible installations.

Administrator
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message