Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Weather Options

And what will I gain from having an iPad mini and a 795 onboard, apart from satisfying my gadget lust?

Besides many more things the iPad Mini is a great and inexpensive way to get electronic approach charts for example using the Rocketroute App.

The 795 is great for situational awareness and a good battery driven backup should the panel turn black. If you already own it I would install the plug especially if you install the ADL110 the extra work required is very little. But currently I would probably not buy a new 795 for that purpose.

Also really like the ADL110 - can anyone see a space on the panel for it to go?

A Beech F33A pilot unmounted the ADF and installed it there. It depends if you realy need the ADF.

Or you could unmount the clock at left top and install one of the tip tank controls there. This way you could gain an installation slot on the lower instrument panel.

On the long run if you plan to upgrade more the glove box will be your reserve but maybe keep that for later.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Thanks Peter. The direct dropbox link is so I guess that's why it doesn't work.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Finally the new ADL110B und ADL120 are ready. Both feature a WLAN interface and can be controlled with the ADLConnect iPad App.

The new ADL120 "black box" can either be installed or used as a mobile device connected to the cigarette lighter socket.

Here is a picture of the new ADL110:

!http://www.ing-golze.de/pics/adl120.jpg!

And a few screenshots from the ADLConnect iPad App:

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Hi Sebastian,

what is the delivery time on the ADL120? I am asking, because I have an upcoming trip next week on Thursday to Guernsey and could use some weather data, besides my existing WX500 in the airplane.

Thanks, Sebastian

How does the coverage and information available compare between GSR56 and the ADL120? I have read your comparison but it doesn't address that.

EGTK Oxford

what is the delivery time on the ADL120? I am asking, because I have an upcoming trip next week on Thursday to Guernsey

Thursday is short but I think it is possible. Best drop me an email for details: Contact

How does the coverage and information available compare between GSR56 and the ADL120?

Currently the radar coverage of the GSR56 is a little bigger because they have the Scandinavian radar composite integrated. I'm trying to get hold of it but it is very hard to source legal and up to date radar data at a reasonable price. This is also a very interesting website showing what would be possible: Radar but at least the German met service can not remember having given them any license...

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

This is also a very interesting website showing what would be possible: Radar but at least the German met service can not remember having given them any license...

That is extremely unfortunate

It looks like a very useful site... especially interesting in some details like why the Croatian coverage is partly missing, but they have Italy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Sebastian,

Is the ADL120 external screen physically connected to the ADL120 or does it use WLAN?

Is the ADL120 external screen the same size as the ADL110B screen?

Presumably separating the devices makes some installations easier?

If I can make space on my panel, can you ship to Jersey?

Thanks!

Spending too long online

Another thought:

How long to install if I fly to Avionics Service East?

Spending too long online

It looks like a very useful site... especially interesting in some details like why the Croatian coverage is partly missing, but they have Italy.

I think they have no Croatian data at all but the parts that are covered are reached from other countries. Some of the smaller countries might not even need radar if all the neighbours are operating stations...

Is the ADL120 external screen physically connected to the ADL120 or does it use WLAN? Is the ADL120 external screen the same size as the ADL110B screen?

The external screen of the ADL120 is connected with a single cable and yes the frame and the 3,5Inch screen are the same parts used on the ADL110B

Presumably separating the devices makes some installations easier?

Yes one customer asked for it. It is usefull especially in corners of the panel where you might have some space left but no room behind the panel.

How long to install if I fly to Avionics Service East?

For a typical installation I would budget one overnight stay. It can be done in one day but there is always the risk that some detail goes wrong and that takes a little bit the pressure out of it.

Fore more detailed questions regarding your installation you can also contact me by email here: Contact

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
Sign in to add your message