Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tutorial for Garmin 530

Good afternoon, I would like to keep practicing all the IFR procedures on the Garmin 530. Does anyone know a software, flight simulator, online workshops...for the 530 ? regards Detlev

EDHE

Google is your friend :)

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have used the GNS430 one and they are excellent, however I cant find a version of this product that works on Windows 8, so I would be interested to know if you have Windows 8 and or it works for you.

I tried emulator few months ago on Win 7 and it worked, I don't know about Win 8.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I know this is not a helpful comment but lots of stuff doesn't work under win8.

I have a win8 tablet and basically I am grateful to have been able to get it doing the simple stuff I need, and that's it.

If it was a laptop or a desktop, used for a wide range of apps, I would just buy a winXP install CD (maybe £30 now) and put that on it. But make sure you can get a driver for the display before you do that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you detlev

EDHE

I know this is not a helpful comment but lots of stuff doesn't work under win8.

I have been fairly anti-Windows 8, but was kind of forced to adopt it when I bought a new PC recently (though I have spare licenses for Win 7 and could have downgraded), but if you download the free Windows 8 start button, it's dramatically actually quite usable again. But the only application from a range of old and new, is the Garmin emulator. I have the add-on that integrates with MS Flight Sim but haven't tried that. If that works, I can live without the other trainer.

7 Posts
Sign in to add your message