Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Kitesurfing / windsurfing spots

Are there any wind or kitesurfers on the forum? Own plane seems ideal for this. Check where there is good wind, pack up and go. Even for a day.

Could you recommend spots in the Baltic or North Sea? Perfect place would be one that has a wide beach within walking distance of the airfield and is exposed to wind.

Places I’ve been to are:
- Jastarnia (EPJA). Walking distance to both north (waves) and south (flat) beaches.
- Bornholm (EKRN). Need a car/taxi and go to get to the beach.
- Heringsdorf (EDAH). Didn’t kite surf myself, but one could go to Świnoujście by car. There’s a wide beach.

Places I’m considering: Sylt (EDXW), Wangerooge (EDWG), Texel (EHTX).

I’m not mentioning Italy, Greece, Spain, etc. They’re too far from me for a day trip.

Last Edited by loco at 13 Sep 15:30
LPFR, Poland

There’s some spots near Southend EGMC

It’s not walking distance a maybe little bit far but GMMH Dakhla is always full offend surfers !

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Within walking distance is quite limiting, otherwise Shoreham beach is pretty good

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thisted, EGTS is about 2 miles from Klitmoller. I don’t surf, but it is suppose to be the place to go in Northern Europe

EGTR

Beach near Calais airport is nice for sand/water surfing, never tried but saw many “char a voile” and wave surfers while on downwind

With your geographic constraints, you better have a warm swiming suite !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Neujellingsdorf airfield on Fehmarn island would spring to mind… Also one of the very few privately run airfields in Germany and, according to the owner, Germany’s smallest (not: shortest) airfield.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Patrick, nice find, kite rental 2.5 km from airfield, thanks!

LPFR, Poland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message