Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

JPI EDM700 sensor for Slick Mag

The sensor below fits in the hole when one removes the blank plug on a non pressurised Slick Magneto

Is there anything I should know? Does one just wind it in hand tight? Would a little bit of Nyloc be a good idea. The EDM installation manual is a little light on detail.

Thanks

United Kingdom

I have a similar sensor on my RV-10 Slick mag. Here is a snip from the installation manual:

The magnetic pickup tach sensor is installed in the magneto bleed port. It is recommended that it be
installed in the non-impulse magneto, but it can be installed in the impulse magneto if only one magneto
exists (engines with single electronic ignition). The UMA N/T1A9-X sensors are suitable for nonpressurized
magnetos only. JPI 4208XX RPM sensors are available in different versions for both
pressurized and non-pressurized magnetos. Given that the bleed port size on Slick and Bendix magnetos
differ, the installer should verify that the sensor part number is appropriate for the magneto type.
1. Remove the existing vent plug from the magneto bleed port (Figure 24-15).
2. Lightly apply thread sealer such as Loctite 242 (or equivalent) to the threads of the sensor. Be
careful not to apply too much, and ensure sealer is applied only to the threads and not the pickup
face itself.
3. Install the sensor into the port (Figure 24-17). The sensor should be installed finger tight plus 1/6
turn. Do not over-tighten.
4. Connect the supplied connector to the appropriate inputs on the GEA 24/GSU 73 as referenced in
the G3X interconnects in Section 31. Secure the connector and wire assembly to an appropriate
location in the engine compartment to provide strain relief.

Top Farm, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

Thank you @Raiz ā€“ I thought Iā€™d read the installation manual properly ā€“ obviously not! I must have missed a whole section! Thanks for your help

Last Edited by Archer-181 at 13 Feb 08:02
United Kingdom

Probably not, my snip is from the Garmin G3X installation manual.

Top Farm, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

I would definitely use some thread locker.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message