Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How about an instructor forum?

Would be IMHO a good thing to have a place to talk about problems, techniques, etc without boring the pants off everone else. And the students could visit with questions.

It's supposed to be fun.
LFDW

Thanks P.C.

We're trying to keep the number of topics fairly low, at least at first. Once we see what kind of conversations ensue we may subdivide further.

However, more importantly, I really don't think that instructor-related threads would bore the pants off of other people. Feel free to discuss these subjects wherever they best fit within the existing topics.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Could I add a vote for an instructors page.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

In my view the more you stratify the board, the more barriers are put up. Why can't instructing questions go in Flying? Not like the volume of posts is a problem.

EGTK Oxford

As an instructor, I find that the conversations I want to try and have about instructing are quite different to the conversations that I want to try and have about flying itself.

On the increasingly dodgy dried fruit site, the instructors forum has historically been excellent - but frankly I'm not going back there with any regularity until there's some sign that it's no longer being used to support persecution and likely criminal activities. Given that seems increasingly unlikely, a separate instructors forum somewhere would be good to see - and here or the Flyer forum would be the obvious place for it.

On net, here seems marginally better as it doesn't have the large recreational element of Flyer, and thus a different flavour.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

Newly joined, I'd be happy to contribute to one

Now retired from forums best wishes

I support G of E's comments. I also would like to see an instructors forum.

Wine, Women, and Airplanes = Happy
Canada

Done.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message