Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

thanks @FlyingAppel, it’s just that I couldn’t find my wry smile smiley
And the reason I try to avoid the cattle herders at all costs

Last Edited by Dan at 10 May 06:17
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I took 3 years old kid to help with oil change, my wife sent me this picture after he went to nursery next day, apparently, they were asking what is this?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I thought there was a NOTAM thread somewhere, but I can’t find it. Anyway here’s an obstruction NOTAM for Avignon. Horror of horrors, there is a metallic fence with a height of 7 feet AGL off the southern end of the runway. And the roof of a house a 35 feet off the northern end.

This is, as always, mixed in with a bunch of phenomenally irrelevant stuff about overflying North Korea, Somalia, etc.

LFFA-P2740/22
DU: 17 08 2022 14:20 AU: 17 08 2023 23:59
A) LFMV
Q) LFMM / QOBCE / IV / M / A / 000/999 / 4354N00454E005
E) PRESENCE DEUX OBSTACLES :
- OBST 1 : CLOTURE METALLIQUE (NORD) : THR 17 :
PSN : 435500N 0045358E
ALTITUDE AU SOMMET : 118FT
HAUTEUR : 7FT
BALISAGE : NIL
- OBST 2 : TOIT DE MAISON (SUD) : THR 35 :
PSN : 435350N 0045421E
ALTITUDE AU SOMMET : 144FT
HAUTEUR : 23FT
BALISAGE : NIL

LFMD, France

Having flown into Avignon, and thinking it pretty flat and open around there, I was intrigued. Take a look at Google earth. These aren’t new “obstacles” the fence appears to be the aerodrome boundary fence with a golf course. The house is presumably the one to the right of the runway centerline. Has there been an incident to precipitate this?

ESMK, Sweden

Has there been an incident to precipitate this?

I don’t think so. I just had dinner with a bunch of people who fly at Avignon all the time, and they all think this is a big joke. Nobody had an explanation as to why it has appeared.

LFMD, France

they all think this is a big joke

Make no joke, this is real stuff: the house & the fence, as serious as birds in vicinity

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 May 21:47
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

as serious as birds in vicinity

Thanks for going to the trouble of figuring exactly where these appalling hazards are.

Next thing we know LFMV will be by special qualification only, like La Mole.

LFMD, France

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t know which is funnier, believing in aliens or using them as a legal defence. I thought laser pointer people were notoriously difficult to track down, though.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message