Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GENDEC - mandatory for all flights into the EU, regardless of police presence at the airport?

I have just got this, amazingly, from Brac LDSB, which like all the Croatian islands has 24/7 police presence:

Notification to aircraft commanders on private flights from third countries to Republic of Croatia, the European Union member:
According to EU Regulation 2016/339 from March 09 2017, Annex VI, 2.3.1 Checks of persons on private flight, you must follow next: BEFORE TAKING OFF TO BWK/LDSB, THE AIRCRAFT COMMANDER MUST INFORM IMMIGRATION CONTROL AT BWK/LDSB ABOUT THE ARRIVAL. INFORMATION MUST BE SENT TO E-MAIL ADDRESS: [email protected] AND MUST INCLUDE GENERAL DECLARATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH CONVENTION OF INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION, ANNEX II, AS WELL AS THE DATA CONCERNING PASSENGERS’ IDENTITIES (name, date of birth, nationality, ID type and number).

Is this real, or has somebody misunderstood?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

third countries

What are third countries? First is Croatia, what are “second”? EU?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

The airport informs me it means “non EU”.

It will be the UK soon but more interestingly it is also Serbia and others in that region, as well as Switzerland and Norway.

We have seen many airports make weird demands from time to time. What is interesting here is the blanket wording. I am sure this is incorrect, as stated.

Administrator

Vladimir wrote:

What are third countries? First is Croatia, what are “second”? EU?

Yes. “third countries” are countries outside the EU.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

I am sure this is incorrect, as stated.

For starters, there appears to be no EU Regulation 2016/339. There is a “Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2016/339 of 8 March 2016 on the harmonisation of the 2010-2025 MHz frequency band for portable or mobile wireless video links and cordless cameras used for programme making and special events” !

This one:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.L_.2016.063.01.0005.01.ENG

Or this one:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32016R0399

I guess legislators just run out of paper folders and hard-drives for decisions vs regulations (or floppy disks )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Found it. It is regulation 2016/399, and yes, it does say what Brac airport claims.

2.3. Checks on persons on private flights
2.3.1. In the case of private flights from or to third countries the captain shall transmit to the border guards of the Member State of destination and, where appropriate, of the Member State of first entry, prior to take-off, a general declaration comprising inter alia a flight plan in accordance with Annex 2 to the Convention on International Civil Aviation and information concerning the passengers’ identity

I’ve been asked for GENDEC flying to several French and Spanish airports from Poland. All intra-Schengen and intra-EU flights. French always say it’s because of state of emergency. Spanish I didn’t ask. Luckily RR has a function for that.

LPFR, Poland

Brac attaches that message to all email replies to queries, apparently. I requested confirmation of opening hours for a flight back in June and the above text was attached to the end of their reply although my flight was to be from Italy to Brac.

Has anyone tried to use the gendec.eu web site facility for a flight to Brac? I haven’t (yet) checked to see if they support Croatia and the email@ specified in the Brac message above for submission. According to the gendec.eu web site, a GENDEC is not required for Norway and Switzerland because they are part of Schengen which raises the question about why Brac is telling you, @Peter, that a GENDEC is required for those countries.

Last Edited by chflyer at 30 Aug 16:13
LSZK, Switzerland

I have just been informed by Brac that they don’t need the GENDEC form shown, and that e.g. the UK GAR form (containing the same stuff) will be ok.

This looks like someone picked up some EU reg which almost nobody previously noticed, and implemented it. Other airports up the road, e.g. Mali Losinj, are not doing it.

It is only for non EU, which will be relevant to the UK next year

Strangely they need it sent off to them only before you depart. Not 24hrs or whatever.

Administrator
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message