Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which Schengen countries are disregarding Schengen (apart from Greece) in 2018?

From the Greek thread

Are there any other Schengen/EU countries that need customs airports for entry/exit?

EETU, Estonia

ivark wrote:

sorry for slightly off-topic post, but are there any other Schengen/EU countries that need customs airports for entry/exit?

Do you mean “immigration”? (It is not the same thing as “customs”. Also, Schengen and EU are not the same.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes,I’m aware that schengen and EU are different things,but Greece seems to be both.
I guess I meant “any other Schengen members who are not honoring it for GA and can give nasty surprises”,as I’m used to just to check the weather/notams and file flight plan in the baltics/nordics and fly .

EETU, Estonia

In practice, no other such EU+Schengen countries where you can’t move freely between aerodromes.

In theory, there are a few of those countries which have never amended their AIPs and thus still write that for any international flight, an international aerodrome must be used. Denmark and Portugal come to mind. But in practice, they don’t enforce this either.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

In theory, there are a few of those countries which have never amended their AIPs and thus still write that for any international flight, an international aerodrome must be used. Denmark and Portugal come to mind. But in practice, they don’t enforce this either.

Colmar airport is showing this

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi,

In France, it all depends on the Prefecture. It also depends on the airport and the NOTAM. In theory when you use an airport and there is no specific NOTAM, you should be able to go/come from the Schengen countries without Customs, but in practice, certain airports ask you for a customs clearance even for Schengen countries.
In order to be sure, you should read the VAC and NOTAMs, but the best way is to call them.

In practice, if you fail to comply and you come from a Schengen state, you should not have to worry unless there is a NOTAM, but it is rarely the case.

Some airfields, like Charleville Mezieres, will welcome you without any custom declarations and will confirm it if you call them. I also used Verdun 2 weeks ago to go to Germany without any questions.

It is all very unclear, but I aksed AOPA France (I am a member) and they confirmed that unless there is a NOTAM, no customs clearance should be needed.

I hope this helps.

LFOZ Orleans, France, France
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message